Your task is to analyse an actual project. You can choose one of two options for your assignment task:
Option 1. Propose a new project. This could be a potential new project that you or your organisation have in mind.
Option 2. Appraise an existing or past project. This could be any one of these:
- appraisal of an activity you believe would be improved by managing as a project; or
- appraisal of an existing work project you are currently involved with; or
- appraisal of an activity you were involved with in the past that you believe could have been (better) managed as a project.
Then, write a report about your project. Your report must include:
- A brief description of the organisational setting and the project environment to ensure the reader understands the context in which the project is set.
- An outline of the objectives of the project and the importance of the project to the organisation.
- A detailed overview and analysis of the use of relevant project management concepts, tools and techniques demonstrating knowledge and understanding of project management as covered in the subject. This section should comprise the main part of your assignment.
The analysis should cover the following as a minimum:
- how the project should be defined
- a discussion of the project plan
- scheduling resources and costs
- the management of project risks
- project performance management.
All of the concepts in the list above should be addressed, but some of them may be more important for your particular project than others. Feel free to focus your analysis more heavily on the issues that particularly impact your project.
Note: This assignment in the subject Project Management should not be confused with the requirements for the Project (including Project Proposal and Project Report) at the end of the MBA degree. The subject Project (at the end of the degree) requires you to complete a research project and to submit a proposal and report about your own research project; this is different from the assignment you are completing for the subject Project Management.
Please CHAT WITH LIVE Assignment Advisor to know more about Referencing styles and Citations.
Chat with our 24x 7 Online Agents CLICK CHAT NOW
Ask Your Assignment Question?
Check out our Assignment Help Services
Find Your Assignment Experts