- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Book Your Assignments Today!
Securing Higher Grades at Least Amount Of Effort?
Get Assignment Answers from Top-notch Tutors – specialize in your subject areas
- This assignment requires you to read a prescribed academic journal article and to conduct research in order to complete TWO
- The required reading (in PDF) can be downloaded from your course myVLE:
Ng, Chirk Jenn, Hui Meng Tan, and Wah Yun Low. “What do Asian men consider as important masculinity attributes? Findings from the Asian Men’s Attitudes to Life Events and Sexuality (MALES) Study.” jmh 5.4 (2008): 350-355.
Read the prescribed journal article and then answer the questions that follow:
The avoidance of the use of personal pronouns has long been part of the academic writing convention to maintain a rational and objective argument.
Would you use personal pronouns in your academic essays? Why? Cite ONE instance in which you think the use of personal pronouns is acceptable in academic writing and ONE instance in which you think is not acceptable. (250 words) (5 marks)
- Do you think the extensive use of the personal pronoun ‘we’ in the essay by Chirk Jenn Ng, Hui Meng Tan, and Wah Yun Low affects the rationality and objectivity of their argument? Explain and cite relevant examples from the essay to support your opinion. (250 words) (5 marks)
- Focus on the section ‘Discussion’ in the essay on pp. 353-354, and complete the following tasks:
- “The discussion section should be more integrated with the field and more connected to the real world than other sections of an essay” (Swales and Feak, 2009). Do you think Chirk Jenn Ng, Hui Meng Tan, and Wah Yun Low have achieved that in their essay? Why? Support your discussion with relevant examples from the essay. (250 words) (4 marks)
- Identify any THREE linking words/phrases used in this section and explain how each of these linking words/phrases helps you to understand the relationships between the ideas in this section. (6 marks)
[TOTAL: 20 MARKS]
Conduct the necessary research before writing a general-specific essay of up to 2,000 words on ONE of the topics given below:
- Masculinity and social change
- Media and the construction of gender roles
Ensure that your essay has a ‘Works Cited’ section at the end, and that the citation style you use is consistent throughout.
[TOTAL: 40 MARKS]
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TASK 2:
- Ensure that you apply all the principles of effective academic writing covered in your course.
- You must refer to at least FIVE related literature in your essay. You may cite the essay by Chirk Jenn Ng, Hui Meng Tan, and Wah Yun Low if you find it useful. These cited literature must be submitted with your essay as appendices.
Please CHAT WITH LIVE Assignment Advisor to know more about Referencing styles and Citations.
Chat with our 24 x 7 Online Agents CLICK CHAT NOW