- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Accounting Assignment and Case Study Assignment Answers
You are looking for Answers: Why Accounting Assignment Is Important to Business Stakeholders? Get Assignment Answers from experts in Accounting Case Study Assignment. Submit your assessment questions, choose a relevant category and get a detailed answer. Get 100% Plagiarism Free Content, Money Back Guarantee and On Time Delivery at Case Study Help.
- Appraise the importance and relevance of accounting information to decision making by managers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate competence in a range of tools/techniques to be able to undertake and interpret various financial statements, including the preparation of financial statements.
- Justify and apply appropriate tools and techniques to moderately complex practical situations.
- Analyse, assess, and compose appropriate reports assisting stakeholders in making appropriate decisions.
You have recently taken up a position as a consultant in an investment portfolio company. A client’s investment portfolio currently includes property 45%, fixed interest securities 30% and shares 25%. The portfolio has another two years’ life. The portfolio company senior consultant has noted that current interest yields are exceptionally low and that the property market may be starting to “overheat”. While maintaining the prudence of diversification, the company is looking at greater investment in shares that comprise the NZX50 share index in particular [lecturer will provide the name of your assigned company in class] has been suggested as a possible investment.
In preparation for a meeting with your client, prepare a formal report:
1. Analyse the financial information of the assigned company highlighting the key elements of financial health.
Note: Use the company’s latest annual report and any relevant information for your analysis. A range of tools/techniques are to be used in your analysis. (10marks)
2. Based on your analysis in (1), rate your company with a score out of 20, providing a rationale for the composition of the rating itself and justification for scores you have attributed to each component. (5marks)
3. Using comparable scores, critically appraise the relative positions of your company and two other NZX50 listed companies (preferably within the same industry). (5marks)
3. Provide a suitable recommendation relating to the portfolio. (4marks)
Note: A cogently argued case to support your recommendations drawing on the key elements of your analysis should be included as appendices to your report.
4. Appraise COVID-19 impacts on portfolio investment returns and in making decisions about the client’s future investment portfolio. (4marks)
5. Provide a list of references using APA 7thedition. (2marks)
Assignment 1 – Marking Rubric
For REF… Use: #getanswers2001842