- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
A review of the objectives of the campaign
The objectives of the promotional campaign initiated by WALMART include the followings.
- To attract customers to the business establishment. That is through promotional campaigns customers are made aware of the presence of the establishment in the particular region so that they could make plans for making their visit.
- To offer the customers with the ability to save money by buying products and services at wholesale prices. That is the prices are provided at considerably lower rates than in the market. Therefore people would have the opportunity to buy more in the same budget.
- To offer value for services to the customers. That is the customers are offered with the variety of product and services to choose from under one roof.
- To alert and inform the customers about the latest policies, programs and promotional schemes in application. This way they could make their future plans for visit.
- To help business sustain its existence in the business in the long run. That is the brand image is tried to be created that could help in sustenance of the business in the long run.
- To attain growth and development of the business.
An analysis of the promotional mix used for the campaign
The promotional mix that has been used by Wal-Mart for this campaign includes the followings.
- Advertising on the local and national television, newspaper and cable network so that the target customers can be reached.
- Direct marketing is also done by making the sales agent meet the customers directly and take their orders.
- Selling of the goods and services within the establishment.
- Deployment of sales promotional activities such as schemes, referral programs, free biz are among the few methods that are used by the company to affect the customer decision for making next purchase.
- Developing public relations through phone calls and personal attention during the purchase process at the establishment.
An analysis of the target market for the campaign
The target market for the campaign is complete United Kingdom. The target customers are all those people who want to save money or buy extra within the same budget. The target market consists of people of age group, background and other associated characteristics that are looking for saving money on their purchase. However, the majority of the customers are people in the middle age group who are looking for cost-effective methods to save money and keep up with the family budget.
An evaluation of the choice of media in relation to the target market
The choice of media was advertisements in local and national television. Along with that advertisements were also made in the local newspaper and pamphlets distribution so that the customers can be informed about the product and services offered by the company.
An evaluation of the integration of the promotional mix with other components of the marketing mix that is, product, price, and place.
The integration of the promotional mix was made with the marketing mix. That is the product of different variety is made available at the store. The price is kept competitive and in fact lower than the market price so that the customers could be offered products and services at wholesale prices. The place of establishment is near the famous areas where people have easy access.