Assessment 2 – Written or Oral Questions:
1. What type of information should be included in an employment contract?
2. How will you advise relevant staff of a new employee’s appointment, start
date, and administrative arrangements for pay and employee record
3. What method of assisting a new employee to fit in to a new organisation can
4. What information would be included in an induction program, regardless of
5. Who should deliver an induction program? (Position title and why)
6. What is the benefit of using a buddy system for new employees?
7. Why is it important to integrate recruitment strategies with other
organisational strategies and goals?
8. Recruitment is one of the functions that HR is responsible for. What is
recruitment and what does it involve? How does recruitment fit into the HR
9. What is discrimination? What can an organisation do to make sure that
they comply with anti discrimination and equal opportunity legislation in the
10. One of the candidates for a position you are offering turns out to be an
acquaintance of one of the managers on the selection panel. The manager
insists upon employing him despite the fact that he doesn’t have the required
experience for the role. As the person in charge of the interview process,
what will you do?
11.Why is ongoing training important to achieving your goals?
12. What types of tests are most useful in the selection process?
13. How will you use your professional networks to source potential employees?
14. What aspects of interview techniques would be more likely to ensure you
select the correct candidate for a position in your organisation?
Assessment 2 total: 52 marks