- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Unit code: BSBWHS403
Unit name: Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- Assessment 2: Project with two (2) parts
- Assessment 3: Project
Each task must be completed according to the requirements described in the individual assessment instructions to be deemed satisfactory.
Your task is to carefully read and consider the details outlined below for this project task. When you are ready, complete the project according to the requirements set out below and submit your responses to your assessor.
Option 2: Simulated workplace (GAB)
To complete this assessment task, you will need access to the following documents located on the GSE Intranet:
To complete this assessment task, you will need to read and use
- WHS Action Plan Template
- Report Template
- Work Health and Safety Consultation Policy
- GAB Organisational Structure
You are working as a WHS Coordinator for the WHS team at GAB in the NSW branch, reporting to the WHS Manager, Jim McCardle. Jim has identified that worker participation has been on the decline for the past six (6) months and requires immediate improvement. Jim has asked you help in reviewing GAB’s consultation obligations under legislation, the current processes that are in place and assist in identifying and managing the issues preventing greater participation.
Your task is to write a business report based on the GAB workplace environment that describes how you can encourage greater participation in workplace consultation processes. Your report should be relevant to the current issues and barriers of the GAB workplace and explain appropriate solutions to address these problems.
Using the GAB report template as the basis for your report, you must address the following questions:
- What are the legal responsibilities and rights of workers in the consultation process under the Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice?
- What are the legal responsibilities of your PCBU (GAB) and its Officers (Directors) in the consultation process under the Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice?
- What is the current system GAB having for consultation that may be underperforming?
- Identify the benefits of consultation to workers and the PCBU
- Explain the barriers and issues that may currently be inhibiting effective consultation
- For each of these barriers, explain how you can assess their impact and overcome them using intervention measures to encourage greater participation in workplace consultation. You must also explain how you will evaluate the effectiveness of these intervention measures
Your business report must include a detailed action plan that is based on the GAB WHS Action Plan Template. Your plan must explain the objectives, action steps, resources, roles and responsibilities, communication and training, priorities and timelines for implementing the intervention strategies within the GAB WHS management system.
Your report, including your action plan must be at least 700 words in length. Upload once complete.
Option 2: Simulated workplace (GAB)
To complete this assessment task, you will need to read and use the template provided
- Work Health and safety Policies and Procedures
- Report Template
You are working as a WHS Coordinator for the WHS team at Global Star Enterprises (GAB) in the NSW branch, reporting to the WHS Manager, Jim McCardle. Jim has requested that the WHS team research the opportunity of implementing a formal consultation process into the WHS management system to improve worker participation.
Your task is to write a business report that describes the benefits and impacts of implementing a health and safety committee (HSC) or health and safety representative (HSR) structure in GABs WHS management system. Your report must be relevant to the size, workforce composition, nature of work conducted, the types of hazards and risks and issues at GAB that would be resolved by the proposed HSC or HSR.
You will need to refer to your relevant Work Health and Safety Act, Regulations, Work Health and Safety Consultation Cooperation and Coordination Model Code of Practice and GABs workplace policies and procedures to complete this project.
You will need to use the GAB report template as the basis for your business report. As part of this project, you must answer the following questions.
- What are the roles, responsibilities, rights and limitations of the HSC and HSR?
- An assessment of the benefits and consequences of implementing each system in the WHS management system.
- Based on your assessment, you must make a recommendation as to which process would work best and why.
- Explain in detail how the HSC or HSR will be established and how the members are to be elected?
- How might the HSC or HSR help to improve health and safety performance and commitment in the GAB?
- How you would train and educate workers about the new HSC or HSR process to encourage them to participate in work health and safety matters?
- Four (4) potential barriers to effective consultation using the new process and how you would overcome each barrier.
- How would you evaluate the effectiveness of the HSC or HSR to identify whether it is being effective?
You must reference the Model WHS Act, Regulations, Code of Practice and GAB policies and procedures within your report to show the relevance on your research and outcomes. Your project should be at least 800 words in length. Upload your report once completed.