- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
ASSESSMENT 3: Comparative analysis of theories and models of practice in advocacy and social change
Write a 3,000 word essay on the comparative analysis of 2 models of advocacy and 2 models of social action based on real case-studies since 1990. The case-studies can be from anywhere in the world and from media or academic literature. The main aim of this essay is to link theories of individual and social change with models of advocacy and social practice.
The essay should be structured as such:
- 2 Models of advocacy using case-studies
- Comparative analysis of these examples of advocacy, the theories underpinning them and their effectiveness in action
- 2 Models of social action using case-studies
- Comparative analysis of these examples of social action, the theories underpinning them and their effectiveness in action.
- Include a minimum of 10 references – 6 of which need to be peer reviewed Journal Article.
This is an academic style essay worth 45% of the final grade and needs to follow the academic conventions of structure, style and APA referencing with attention paid to avoid plagiarism. The essay will be marked on the basis of:
- Structure of the report plus spelling and grammar
- Content and research and use of recent material
- Referencing and reference list (APA6)
- Familiarity with peer reviewed references (eg. demonstrating understanding of the concepts used from peer review references)
- Coherence and logic (clear links between theory development and social work practice)
- Timely submission via Moodle.
- Case study can be individual either chose social issues plastic bags environmental theories or ecological theories.
- You can use sub-headings in the structure.
- Background of case study issue write main idea of case study do not put unnecessary information
- Two case studies for model of advocacy and 2 for social actions.
- Use peer reviews journals related to either advocacy and theories
Conflict theory of social action