- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Book Your Assignments Today!
Securing Higher Grades at Least Amount Of Effort?
Get Assignment Answers from Top-notch Tutors – specialize in your subject areas
Faculty of Business and Law Higher Education Division FIN20014 Financial Management
Using Excel Spreadsheet, prepare a full analysis to be presented to the CFO of PENTAG Company in evaluating whether either project should be started or not. Your report should include the following.
• Table of cash flows
• Use of excel formulae where appropriate (refer eLearning video of Week-6)
• A written report (1500 words, +/- 10%) outlining your recommendation as to whether PENTAG Company should proceed with either project. Justify your recommendations using quantitative and qualitative issues and your analysis of probable risks and benefits relating to the project. Comparison statement is to present in a separate section in the report.
Marks with ll be awarded for:
• Set out of a spreadsheet (watch eLearning video of week-6)
i. Ease of reading worksheet
ii. Use of excel formulae in organized spreadsheet
iii. Correct application of the theoretical model
• The overall presentation of answer including the written report.
* Carefully read the Report Format Guide (on page-4) and Marking Rubric (on page-5) for required components and presentation of the formal report.
Guidelines for Marking and Submission of Excel Assignment FIN20014 Financial Management
Semester 1 2018
Total Marks for the assignment = 20 marks
Organised Excel Spreadsheet = 10 marks and
Concise Formal Business Report (1500 +/- 10% words) = 10 marks
The attached marking rubric (Excel Assignment Information Page-5) should be considered by students when preparing their assignment for submission.
Students are required to solve a capital budgeting difficulty using an excel spreadsheet.
HARD COPY SUBMISSION:
Submit a hard copy of your assignment
• Containing (i) assignment cover sheet; (ii) a copy of the formal report; (iii) a copy of the excel spreadsheet displaying values; and (iv) a copy of the excel spreadsheet displaying excel formulas.
• EITHER directly to your tutor in cities in the WEEK BEGINNING Monday the 9th of May,
• OR into the assignment drop box on Level-11 BA Building, clearly indicating the name of your tutor and tutorial time. All assignments will then be forwarded directly to the respective tutors for marking. Assignment box will remain open from 7 May to 11 May (to be closed at 5:00 pm on 11 May).
SOFT COPY SUBMISSION:
Submit the soft copy of your assignment via Blackboard TURNITIN submission under ASSESSMENT folder:
• By FRIDAY the 11th of May 5:00 pm AEST.
• Submit ONLY ONE FILE comprising the cover sheet and required Report only.
• Submit final assignment by using the FINAL SUBMIT option.
Late assignments will be determined based on the SOFT COPY SUBMISSION time as recorded in TURNITIN. Late Assignments will not be accepted unless an arrangement has been made directly with the convenor.
Should you be unable to submit your assignment due to ill health then you will need to contact Miraj Ahmmod on email@example.com (indicating who your tutor is) to make alternative arrangements.
SUGGESTED FORMAT FOR ASSIGNMENT REPORT
Components of a FORMAL report are expected in the assignment structure. Following table shows one example of major sections: (other sections may be added, if needed)
|COVER PAGE [ Must be correctly filled in; otherwise, you will forfeit marks]Executive Summary Table of Contents Body1. Introduction2. Findings
Quantitative (with explanation of results)
3. Recommendations and Justifications
4. Detail Comparison and Further Recommendations 5.Conclusion
Exact Copy of Excel Spreadsheet displaying values (not edited in Word doc)*
Exact Copy of Excel Spreadsheet displaying Excel formulas (not edited in Word doc)*
Carefully read the following Marking Rubric for required components and presentation of formal report.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS:
Q1. Do I have to upload the soft copy of the same file as I submit for hard copy?
- NO. Soft copy submission requires ONLY ONE FILE including the Cover Page and the Report only.
Q2. Can I upload more than one file via Turnitin?
- NO. You can upload ONLY ONE FILE via Turnitin. You cannot change the file once uploaded.
Q3. Can I get any help in understanding the assignment question?
- Whilst we (the members of the Finance teaching panel) understand your concern, we cannot answer to any direct query you may ask relating to the assignment. The problem has specifically been included in the assignment for students to ponder and respond. It is expected that you have clarified all assumptions you may have made in your assignment report.
Q4. Are there specific resources that can help me understand the assignment questions?
- YES. Issues relating to assignment are discussed in relevant lectures (Week-5 & 6) for multiple times and/or in different ways. To assist you with understanding the concepts of finding Net Cash Flows, it is suggested that you review the lecture illustrations discussed on relevant topics (4a & 4B). You can also check relevant past exam questions and solutions, Sunburst Case and solutions, as well as your text and lecture materials for that topic. All these resources, included recorded lectures and notes written in lectures, are available on BB. eLearning video of week-6 will guide about the way to prepare cash flow table using Excel.
Q5. I don’t know how to take print out of Excel spreadsheet displaying Formulas only.
- Google it! For different versions of Excel, different ways are there. All you can find in Google and Youtube.
Q6. Can I send my works on assignment to any teaching staff for having any comment and/or guidance?
- NO. Assignment is an individual assessment item and members of the Finance teaching panel can neither view the spreadsheet nor make comments on it before submission.
Q7. What would be the content and structure of my report?
- A sample of format is provided on page-4 and that is followed by a marking rubric on page-5. If you go through these documents, it will give you the idea about the structure and content expected in your report. You are required to provide necessary calculations, results, logical explanations of findings and justifications to convince the manager of the firm to support your recommendations.
Q8. Can I submit hard copy of assignment in the drop box?
- YES. If you don’t submit hard copy of your assignment to you tutor, you can submit it in the drop box on Level-11 BA Building by 5:00 pm 11 May. If you do not mention your TUTOR’s NAME and Tutorial Time correctly on the cover page, you will forfeit the marks of assignment.
Q9. How do I know the name of my tutor?
- Tutorial timetable with tutor’s name and contact email are available on BB site for this unit.
Q10. What will happen if my assignment is similar to another submission?
- Both of the similar assignments will be sent to a review committee for identifying the probable case of plagiarism. In the case of identified plagiarism, further steps would follow the University Policies.
Details of Assignment PENTAG Company
Financial Estimates PENTAG Company
cost of capital (WACC)
FIN20014 Financial Management: Individual Assignment