- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Financial Management 4 group assignment 1
ALL ASSIGNMENT MUST BE TYPED
ANY FORM OF COPY WORK WILL BE PENALISED.
Groups MUST be between 6 to 5 members.
LATE SUBMISSION WILL BE PENALISED
ALL ASSIGNMENTS MUST BE HANDED IN CLASS, NO EMAILS PLEASE
Theme: JSE company review
Instructions in detail:
- Log onto the JSE and browse the companies listed in each industry;
- Select a company listed on the JSE: using financial ratio analysis for shareholders and by reading the companies reports, select a company for your group to invest in;
- Visit the listed company’s website and download a copy of the company’s most recent set of financial statements. It is advisable to download the full integrated report, as this report includes all the information you need;
- Purchase your R100 000 (you have to include fees as well) worth of shares and calculate the share fees involved in the purchase, you should use the JSE website to obtain share prices at the time of purchase; visit https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/ for the detailed cost involved in buying and selling shares)
- Monitor the movement in your shares daily by calculating and interpreting the main financial indicators of the shares invested. You can do this by building a scorecard which shows movements in share price, any dividends paid out, and a summary of any SENS reports released. The monitoring of the company must also include any media releases or media reports of the company selected;
- After a three-week period you need to sell your notional investment (don’t forget to calculate the fees on the sale) and calculate whether you made a profit or a loss in your investment;
- You need to prepare a report in which you explain:
Why you chose the industry and company selected using financial and non-financial indicators, using shareholder ratios based on the company’s latest financial statements which you will find on their website;
A summary of the weekly performance of the company captured for a three week period;
A summary of the SENS reports (if any issued) as well as any media coverage of the company over the last six months;
A loss that you’re the company managed to generate over the three week period.
Calculated the growth amount, growth percentage of your investment, return on investment and simple growth percentage
Your overall project needs to be presented:
- In detail in a comprehensive document including the two reports prepared as per the detailed instructions (± 12 pages);
- Briefly, in a 10-minute class presentation (± 5–10 slides).