- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Book Your Assignments Today!
Securing Higher Grades at Least Amount Of Effort?
Get Assignment Answers from Top-notch Tutors – specialize in your subject areas
UMACLK-15-M Financial Statement Analysis
You are to produce a company (equity) analysis report. It is expected that you will use the full range of information sources available to you (including DataStream, Osiris, and Bloomberg Professional, where possible) to complete your assignment.
Once you have completed your student tearsheet presentation exercise and received some informal,formative feedback from your module leader and informal feedback from your module colleagues, you must engage in deeper analysis to produce a full equity analyst’s report. The report must be word-processed and the length must not exceed 3,000 words. Your report must contain the following sections:
- Company profile, including a segmental analysis;
- Macroeconomic analysis;
- Industry analysis;
- Competitor analysis, using Porter’s Five Forces model;
- Discussion of the company’s business model and corporate strategy;
- Analysis of key corporate events and activities(if relevant) that might have impact of the future performance and value of the company;
- A summary analysis of the company’s financial statements;
- A full financial ratio analysis, including trend analysis, comparison with industry ratios, the identification and computation of customised industry ratios;
- Company valuations, employing dividend models (where appropriate), multiples models, and FCF models with all assumptions justified;
- A basic financial statement modelling analysis, with an Excel printout of that model to be placed in the appendix, along with a justification of the assumptions made;
- A conclusion which summarises the key points made across your report, the outlook for the company, and the investment recommendation, the latter of which compares your valuations with the current market price;
- A references section at the end of your report.
Your report is to be pitched at fund managers who require investment advice on buying/selling shares in the company you have selected. You must clearly reference any material you have used at the end of your report and carefully source all data tables, graphs, and material from other parties, giving the date at which the data was collected. Be very careful to avoid plagiarism – please work through the Library Skill Zone web pages on referencing and plagiarism before commencing your coursework.
The assessment criteria for the report are given below to help you to prepare.
The assessment criteria for the equity analyst’s report component are as follows:
10% Presentation and quality of the final report
20% Depth of analysis of the macroeconomic and industry environment
20% Quality of analysis of the company, its business model, and its strategy
20% Competency of financial statement analysis
20% Quality of equity valuations
10% Credibility of outlook and investment recommendation
——100% of report mark
You must submit your assignment before the deadline (i.e. 2:00 pm on Thursday 23rd April 2015) using the electronic submission system through Blackboard. Notification that the electronic submission portal is open for your assignment will be displayed in the following places (usually two weeks before the submission date):
In the Coursework tab in myUWE
In the Coursework tab in Blackboard
An announcement in the Blackboard course
Do not leave submission to the very last minute, always allow sufficient time for uploading your coursework assignment, bearing in mind that the system becomes busier and slower as the deadline approaches. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to make sure your coursework has been uploaded correctly. Please upload your coursework assignment in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format, NOT in PDF or other formats.
For full guidance on online submission through blackboard, see:
We strongly recommend you to read this guidance and follow the instructions accordingly.
To get answer chat with online assignment adviser