- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
You are a business executive at Business Partners Ltd. Your mandate is to ensure that sound financial interpretation and analysis support plans to expand the company’s investments.
Please refer to the attached financial information for Italtile Limited 2014. Using the understanding gained from the Financial Management Module, prepare a document for submission to the Business Partners Ltd Board who is considering acquiring a 100% shareholding in Italtile. You have been asked to address the following questions:
- Calculate and discuss the relevant financial ratios of Italtile using information provided, that you believe are related to the business performance and an assessment of the business for acquisition purposes, explaining the rationale and insights gained.
- Discuss the financial performance of Italtile, highlighting any concerns and indicating how you believe the company has performed. Include in your discussion information gathered from external sources and highlighted the financial risks being managed.
- Discuss and explain what critical information you would require regarding budgeting and forecasting for a business to assist in your decision-making. Compare this to the current budgeting process your division/organization you work at. Would rolling forecasts make a difference to this information and why?
Please be very clear to outline all assumptions and explain decisions clearly and briefly and include all calculations.
GUIDELINES FOR BOARD DOCUMENTATION
Due to this being a Business Case for the Board, please be aware that Board members have a limited time to read and prepare for board meetings and will not read more than 10 pages.
TOTAL MARKS: 100
Marks will be assigned as follows:
- Introduction (10 marks – statement of problem and analysis of issues).
- The body of the answer (60 marks)
- Knowledge and application of theory (20 marks)
- Analysis and Synthesis (20 marks)
- The motivation of statements (20 marks)
- Conclusion (15 marks – set out a closing argument of what was discussed, what you believe the outcomes are that will support/not support your proposal).
- Logical structure and technical quality (15 marks – logical organization of information and overall technical quality of the document).
Good luck, and remember that your assignment must be uploaded no later than two weeks after the course completion date.
NOTE: Your assignment should be uploaded no later than two weeks after the course completion date.
|SHORT COURSE NAME||Fundamentals of Business Finance|
|NAME AND SURNAME|
|INTRODUCTION (10 marks – statement of problem and analysis of issues)|
|BODY OF ANSWER (60 marks – identify financial innovation, financial business case in terms of support for the innovation, benefits and possible risks)|
|CONCLUSION (15 marks – set out a closing argument of what was discussed, what you believe the outcomes are that will support/not support the initiative)|
|Criteria||Excellent (8-10)||Good (5-7)||Satisfactory(3-4)||Poor (1-2)||Marks||Comments|
|Logical structure (weight: 10%)||Excellent logical organisation of information into a coherent document that integrates content in a systematically structured manner that indicates a critical approach andoriginality.||Clear, accurate and systematic organisation of information into a logically structured and coherent document.||Poorly presented information in a document that is poorly structured.||Disorganised and/or incoherent presentation of information.||Logical structure ( /10 )|
|Criteria||Excellent (12-15)||Good (9-12)||Satisfactory (5-8)||Poor (1-4)||Marks||Comments|
|Conclusion (weight: 15%)||Conclusions exceptionally well developed and show considerable originality. They form an integrated part of the overall argument and/or discussion, reflecting commanding grasp of theory, evidence and/or literature and appropriate forms ofconceptualisation.||Sound conclusions are drawn which are clearly derived from evidence and/or theory and/or literature.||Limited or ineffective attempt to draw together arguments.||Limited or ineffective attempt to draw together arguments; lack of conclusions or unsubstantiated and/or invalid conclusions drawn.||Conclusion ( /15 )|
|Criteria||Excellent (5)||Good (4)||Satisfactory (3)||Poor (1-2)||Marks||Comments|
|Technical quality(weight: 5%)||Excellent overall technical quality of the document, in terms of language use, referencing, contents page, headings & sub- headings, appendices, legibility of the text anddiagrams, etc.||Good overall technical quality of the document.||Overall technical quality of the document unsatisfactory with numerous areas for improvement.||Poor overall technical quality of the document.||Technical quality ( /5 )|