- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
ACCT 5019 Contemporary Accounting Issues Case Study and Marking Guide (Semester 2) 2021
Case Study Details
- Topic: contemporary issue in accounting
- Document Type: Other
- Subject: Accounting
- Deadline:*: As Per Required
- Number of Words: 2000
- Citation/Referencing Style: Chicago
Get Assignment Answers to your Case Study Questions, and connect with MBA/PhD Level Tutors for ACCT 5019 Contemporary Accounting Issues Case Study and Marking Guide. Case Study Help Provides Accounting Case Study Assignment Help in Australia, UK, USA, UAE, Canada and other countries by 20+ years expert writers in accounting.
A. General information of the case study
- This case study is an individual It is worth 30% of your final mark.
- The word limit of this assignment is 2,000 maximum (excluding the reference list, footnote and, appendices). Your actual word count should be no less or more than 5% of the word limit using 1.5 spacing.
- The deadline for the assignment is 4pm, 30thOctober 2021.You need to include your name and student id on the cover sheet of your case study. You are required to submit your workelectronically via Blackboard by the due date.
- Please note that your case study will be submitted to Turnitin, as a deterrent to plagiarism.
B. Your tasks
- The designated topic for the case study is fair value measurement in financial reporting. You are required to read the journal paper, “Representing the market perspective: fair value measurement for non-financial assets” (Barker and Schulte, 2017), Accounting, Organization and Society, 56 pp. 55-67) and answer the following questions:
- What is the main contemporary issue in the paper and why?
- What are the differences between ‘accounting as history’ and accounting as economic’ according to the above journal article?
- Describe the main theory employed by the authors.Why do the authors believe this theory is applicable to the issues explored in their study?
- What are the main findings of this paper?
- What are the implications for the accounting from this research paper?
- In your opinion, what are the challenges in applying IFRS 13, Fair Value Measurement?
- Prepare your case study in report format by using the provided structure to complete this assignment, which is shown as follows.
- Introduce the topic, and
- State the objective of your report.
Discussion on each question
- The contemporary issues
- The differences between ‘accounting as history’ and accounting as economic’
- The main theory employed and why
- The main findings
- The implications
- Your opinion on the challenges in the implementation of IFRS 13
Summarise the main issues and conclude your report.
Provide a list of the publication details of all materials referred to in your report. More information on the Chicago referencing style can be obtained from the Curtin library website:
In addition to the above, your case study assignment must meet other requirements in the marking guide, including additional research. (Refer to Appendix I.)
C. Submission requirements
- You need to include your name and student id on the cover sheet
- In compliance with Curtin University’s policy on plagiarism, your assignment must be submitted via Turnitin. You are also required to submit your work electronically via Blackboard by the due date.
- How to submit your assignment
a). First, you need to submit your Assessment through the Part 1 link – Assessment Submission (Originality Report) link via Blackboard, this will generate an Originality Report (i.e., Turnitin report or Similarity report).
b). Second, submit your Assessment through the Part 2 link – Assessment Submission link via Blackboard.
D. Marking criteria
- The assignment will be assessed based on the content, completeness of information, appropriateness of format, grammar, and spelling and other additional information deemed relevant in relation to the designated topic. Refer to the marking guide below for the breakdown of marks (refer to Appendix I). Please make sure your report covers all requirements in the marking guide.
Case Study Marking Guide (30%)
ACCT 5019 Contemporary Accounting Issues
Semester 2, 2021
For REF… Use: #getanswers2001621