- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services Society and Diversity Assessment Solutions
Looking for CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services Assessment Workbook 2 Assessment Answers? Get Assignment Answers on CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services from Professional Case Study Experts in UK, USA, Australia and worldwide at an affordable price. Casestudyhelp.com provide free assignment sample for all academic subject and 100% Plagiarism Free Work.
THE UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The units of competency specify the standards of performance required in the workplace.
This assessment addresses the following unit of competency from CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services specialising in Case Management:
CHCDEV002 – Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- Identify social and cultural issues impacting on clients in Australian society
- Analyse impacts of social and cultural factors on clients
- Monitor impact of social and cultural factors on community work and services provided to clients
CHCDIV003 – Manage and promote diversity
- Research diversity in the workplace
- Foster diversity
- Adapt communication strategies
- Contribute to workplace diversity policies and procedures
CHCCOM003 – Develop workplace communication strategies
- Develop communication strategies
- Establish communication protocols
- Promote the use of communication strategies
- Review communication practices
CONTEXT FOR ASSESSMENT
To complete the assessments in this workbook, students need to have access to their learning materials and the internet. The written questions and project may be completed wholly at the student’s home or chosen place of study.
The assessment requirements specify the evidence and required conditions for assessment.
Each unit of competency can be unbundled to reveal three key assessment components:
- Performance Evidence
- describes the subtasks that make up the element of the unit
- Knowledge Evidence
- describes the knowledge that must be applied in understanding the tasks described in the elements
- Assessment Condition
- describes the environment and conditions that assessments must be conducted under
The associated assessment method in this kit covers all of these components as detailed in the matrix to follow:
|Units of Competency|
There are seven (7) Assessment Workbooks for the course. Six (6) of which are Theory Workbooks and one (1) is the Skills Workbook. This is Workbook 2.
The Theory Workbooks use the following assessment methods:
- Knowledge assessment – A set of generic and workplace questions testing the student’s general knowledge and understanding of the general theory behind the unit.
- Project – Set of interrelated tasks or activities completed according to set instructions and guidelines to meet the requirements of the relevant units. These tasks and activities do not require you to have access to a workplace.
The theory workbooks in this course are as follow:
Workbook 1 – Legal and Ethical Compliance
Workbook 2 – Society and Diversity
Workbook 3 – Personal and Professional Development
Workbook 4 – Case Management Part I: Working with Clients
Workbook 5 – Case Management Part II: Working with Peer Case Workers
Workbook 6 – Program Development
The Skills Workbook contains the practical assessment which covers all units of competency of CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services Specialising in Case Management.
These practical assessment activities will be completed during the course of your Vocational Placement.
You should not commence with the Skills Workbook until you have completed the six (6) theory workbooks and have received feedback from your assessor.
The assessment method used in the Skills Workbook includes:
- Practical Assessment – a set of tasks or activities completed according to set instructions and guidelines to meet the requirements of the relevant units. These tasks and activities require you to have access to a
The skills workbook in this course is:
Workbook 7 – Skills Workbook
RESOURCES REQUIRED FOR ASSESSMENT
Assessor to provide:
- Information about work activities, as necessary.
The student to provide:
- Computer with internet and email access and a working web browser
- Installed software: MS Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Three (3) volunteers who have access to email services
Part 1: Manage and Promote Diversity
- Which three (3) statements below are true about the impact of cultural awareness, cultural safety, and cultural competence on leadership and management practice?
|☐||a. Cultural awareness enables the use of effective communication with the team by being sensitive to the similarities and differences that exist between two different cultures.|
|☐||b. Culturally competent leaders and managers are prepared to guard against accepting their own behaviours, beliefs, and actions as the norm.|
|☐||c. Leaders and managers must be trained to be experts in every culture to be culturally aware, competent, and sensitive.|
|☐||d. Making assumptions about cultural influences and applying generalisation to individuals can increase knowledge and understanding of a member’s cultural background.|
|☐||e. Working from the cultural perspective of the other person, and not from one’s own perspective involves recognising, respecting and nurturing the unique cultural identity of a person, and safely meeting their needs, expectations and rights.|
- Select three (3) statements that best describe diversity.
|☐||a. Diversity is a state of being valued, respected, and supported.|
|☐||b. Diversity is about ethnic food celebrations and ethnic holidays.|
|☐||c. Diversity is the difference in the values and practices associated with groups of people from specific backgrounds.|
|☐||d. Diversity means respect for, and appreciation of, differences in ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and religion.|
|☐||e. Diversity means understanding that each individual is unique and recognizing our individual differences.|
- Which five (5) concepts below are related to diversity?
|☐||a. Employment status|
|☐||e. Learning styles|
|☐||f. Spiritual belief|
4. Match the following areas of diversity to their characteristics. Write the letter of your answer in the spaces provided.
- Religious or spiritual beliefs
- Sexual identity
- Sexual orientation
|i. A learned and shared set of values, symbols, way of life in a society.|
|ii. Belongingness to a social group that has a common cultural tradition.|
|iii. Used to define a group of people according to their common physical characteristics.|
|iv. This is characterised by a group of people composed of individuals from different age groups.|
|v. Refers to a person’s total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions, body parts, or an illness or disorder affecting a person’s functions.|
|vi. It is how the person sees oneself as either male or female, and how one’s self is presented to others.|
|vii. Refers to the person’s identity in terms of emotional or physical attraction based on their gender.|
|viii. The social identity of being male or female.|
|ix. The practice of a person’s faith that has impact on one’s values or way of life.|
- Select four (4) statements which correctly describe the benefits of workplace diversity.
|☐||a. Access to a broader range of ideas and approaches|
|☐||b. Better relationships with clients and stakeholders|
|☐||c. Creation of a harmonious and supportive work environment|
|☐||d. Improved client service through greater understanding of clients’ diversity and needs|
|☐||e. Resistance to the changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace|
- The following are terms relating to diversity in terms of sexual orientation and sexual identity. Match each term with its correct definition by writing the letter of your answer in the spaces provided.
|i. Person who is emotionally or physically attracted to the opposite sex or gender.|
|ii. Person who identifies to a gender that is different from their current anatomy.|
|iii. Person, usually male, who is emotionally or physically attracted to people of the same gender.|
|iv. Person who is emotionally or physically attracted to both male and female.|
|v. A female who is emotionally or physically attracted to other females.|
|vi. Refers to people who are born with genetic, hormonal or physical sex characteristics that are not typically male or female.|
- List the six (6) barriers to inclusivity in the workplace.
- Differentiate direct discrimination from indirect
- Briefly define direct and indirect Guidance: Keep your answers to no more than 50 words each.
- Cite examples of direct and indirect discrimination. Provide two (2) examples for each.
|Direct Discrimination||Indirect Discrimination|
|Examples (Provide 2 each)|
- Briefly explain how diversity practices and experiences affect each of the following:
- Personal behaviour
- Interpersonal behaviour
- Social expectation of self
- Social expectation of others
Guidance: Keep your answer to no more than 100 words.
|Social expectation of self|
|Social expectation of others|
- 10. Answer the questions below regarding diversity practices.
|a. List five (5) pieces of federal legislation that inform organisational policies and procedures regarding discrimination in the workplace.|
|b. Briefly explain how equal employment opportunity upholds human rights.Guidance: Keep your answer to no more than 50 words.|
|c. Identify one (1) piece of legislation that upholds equal employment opportunity.|
|d. List three (3) ways in which an organisation’s management can avoid the indirect discrimination of their staff and clients.|
|e. List two (2) cross-cultural communication strategies and explain how this can be practised in the workplace.|
- Cite three (3) ways an organisation can ensure they provide effective and equitable activities to diverse clients.
- Cite three (3) Social Inclusion Principles and briefly explain how each can be practised in the workplace using your own words.
- Describe the role of leaders and managers in encouraging inclusivity in work practices and service delivery. Include in your description how these leaders and managers ensure effective and equitable activities to diverse clients, including how cross-cultural communication strategies are integrated into the organisation’s planning and work practice.
Guidance: Keep your answer to no more than 100 words.
Part 2: Sociological Factors in Community Work and Services
- Describe three (3) consequences a person may experience or might be susceptible to when they are unemployed. Include in your answers one (1) consequence of long term unemployme
Guidance: Keep your answers to no more than 50 words.
- Answer the following questions about social classes.
|a. List the five (5) observable classes in Australian society.|
|b. Which social class or classes do a majority of Australians view themselves in?|
|c. What are two (2) top reasons that Australians think are why people become homeless?|
|d. Where do most Australians think the homeless sleep? Identify only the top answer.|
|e. Where do most homeless Australians actually sleep? Identify only the top answer.|
|f. Give three (3) reasons or factors that cause people to form stereotypes.|
|g. What is the impact of stereotypes on society? List three (3) effects of stereotypes.Guidance: Include one (1) example for each of your answers.|
- 16. Give three (3) examples of social institutions and three (3) examples of cultural institutions. Then, explain why each of these are important to Australian society.
Guidance: Describe the functions of these institutions. Keep your answers between 30 to 50 words each.
|SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS||WHY THESE ARE IMPORTANT TO AUSTRALIAN SOCIETY|
- Read the following document from the United (Hold down the Ctrl key and click the link below):
Concepts of Inequality
Development Issues No. 1
Explain how inequality of outcomes and inequality of opportunity affect individuals and society. Your explanation must include:
- The definition of inequality of outcomes
- The definition of inequality of opportunity
- How these two concepts affect the individual
- How these two concepts affect society
Guidance: Keep your answer to no more than 150 words.
- Experiences of inequality
- List four (4) possible factors that contribute to a client experiencing inequality while availing of social services.
- Describe how experiencing inequality while availing social services can affect the client’s role in society.
Guidance: Keep your answer to no more than 100 words.
|a. Factors that contribute to a client experiencing inequality while availing of social services|
|b. How this experience of inequality can affect the client’s role in society?|
- Briefly explain how the following impact social policy:
- Political theory
- Economic theory
Guidance: Keep your answers to no more than 100 words each.
|a. Political Theory|
|b. Economic Theory|
20.Identify two (2) political systems and four (4) economic systems that underpin social policy, and briefly describe each.
Guidance: Keep your answers to no more than 100 words each.
- Identify two (2) specific policy decisions you have observed in the community, and briefly explain how these impact community work.
Guidance: The policy decisions you identify must relate to social issues. Keep your answers between 30 to 50 words each.
|Policy Decisions||Impact on Community Work|
- The Case Management Society of Australia (CMSA) is the sole representative body of Case Management in Australia and New Zealand.
Access their website by clicking the link below while holding the Ctrl key:
Case Management Society of Australia
For Questions b-d, refer to the CMSA Standards of Practice for Case Management.
Answer the questions below.
|a. What is CMSA’s definition of a “case manager”?|
|b. Identify three (3) guiding principles that are relevant in upholding the safety of clients.|
|c. Identify the six (6) primary steps in the case management process, as stated in the CMSA Standards of Practice for Case Management.|
|d. Identify seven (7) reasons for case management termination, as stated in the CMSA Standards of Practice for Case Management.|
Part 3: Workplace Communication Strategies
- Identify political, economic, social, and technological factors that affect communication strategies in the workplace.
Identify one (1) factor for each category below and briefly describe how these affect communication in the workplace.
- 24. Picture yourself in an office setting where you must constantly communicate with different stakeholders via email and telephon
The organisation you work for offers social services to single mothers, and your role is to find agencies that your organisation can partner with to be able to provide as much help as possible to your clients. It is important that you coordinate with your colleagues so that you develop a register of references and agencies for the organisation as a whole.
Name three (3) different stakeholders that you would be in constant contact with, and identify your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats pertaining to communication with them.
Guidance: Reflect on your own strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities. All answers must be in complete sentences. Do not overgeneralise your answers. Add details.
- 25. Identify legislation, codes of practice, policies, etc. that guide how a worker takes into consideration the following aspects of communication.
Include a short description of how legislation, codes of practice, policies, etc. guide the given aspects of communication.
Guidance: Keep your answers under 100 words each.
|Aspect of Communication||Legislation, Code of Practice, Policy, etc.||How the Legislation, Code of Practice, Policy, etc. Guides the Aspect of Communication|
|a. Privacy, confidentiality, and disclosure|
|c. Duty of care|
|d. Mandatory reporting|
|e. Informed consent|
- 26. Identify two (2) channels of communication that would be appropriate for addressing each of the following concerns in the workplace.
|Special Communication Needs of Personnel|
|Organisational Processes and Hierarchy|
|Official Communication Channels|
|Existing Organisational Protocols and Etiquette for Communication|
|Office Emergency Protocols|
|Crisis Communication Plans|
- Identify three (3) principles of coaching and three (3) principles of mentoring, and describe how each of these principles can be put into practice.
Guidance: Identify only one (1) method of practice for each principle. An example has been done for you.
|Coaching Principles||How these principles can be put into practice|
|Coach the individual||Adjust your coaching methods to suit the different needs of each individual|
|Mentoring Principles||How these principles can be put into practice|
|Mentors should acknowledge the benefits they gain from the process of mentoring.||Mentors should share to their mentees how the mentoring process helps them grow also.|
Consider the following scenario:
Cherry Grove Community Hospital is starting a hands-on workshop for new mothers to educate them on the best practices in raising and caring for their babies. The title of the program is New Mothers Program. The New Mothers Program will begin on Saturday, 8 April 20xx, at 9:00am and will continue every first Saturday of the succeeding months. It will be held in the Cherry Grove Community Auditorium.
You are one of the volunteers helping in the project. You are assigned as the team head for communication, leading a small group of five other volunteers.
As the head of the communications team, you are tasked to develop a communication plan to promote the New Mothers Program in Cherry Grove.
Cherry Grove is a big city with a population of 1.3 million people and will require several channels of communication to maximise your reach.
Develop a communication plan to promote the New Mother Program. Take the following parameters into consideration:
- The program must be promoted through traditional and digital media, including social media
- You must come up with the marketing plan that the group will follow
- You must set out the etiquette expected on social media
- You must set out the budget needed to promote the event and computations to reach the goal in profit
- Identify possible competitors or conflicts of interest
- You must develop evaluation methods to measure the success of the project
Use the template in the following pages to guide
|1. Project Details|
|Host / Organiser|
|Launch Date and Time|
|Mode of Delivery|
|2. Media Platform and Marketing|
|Traditional Media to be used(Identify two (2))||Where these will be posted or distributed(One (1) for each)||Type of audience that this form of media caters to|
|Digital Media to be used(Identify two (2))||How often these will be shared online, by whom, and to whom||Type of audience that this form of media caters to|
|Etiquette to be observed when posting or distributing traditional media(List two (2) Do’s and two (2) Don’ts)|
|Etiquette to be observed when posting or distributing digital media(List two (2) Do’s and two (2) Don’ts)|
|4. Supporting Resources and Information|
|Identify three (3) sources of information that guide you in implementing the marketing campaign for the New Mothers Program – traditional and digital. Post the links below:|
|5. Budget for Marketing|
|6. Potential Sponsors|
|You wish to present the New Mothers Program to possible sponsors, so that they may help Cherry Grove Community Hospital shoulder costs. Identify a possible sponsor from your community who might be interested and explain how their investments would be returned from this endeavour. Include in your explanation what you can offer the company or organisation in exchange for their sponsorship. Use the following guide questions:
|7. Parameters of Success|
|Describe two (2) measures of success for your marketing campaign. Make sure to define objective parameters that would deem your marketing strategies effective.|
|8. Competitors and Conflicts of Interest|
|Identify three (3) possible competitors or conflicts of interest for the New Mothers Program|
Summarise your communication plan by breaking down the information from Task 1 into processes and protocols. Present this to the marketing for the New Mothers Program through an email. Read the instructions below.
Write an email below demonstrating how you would email actual volunteers. This email must include the following:
- Asking volunteers to create or design assets (posters, flyers, pictures, media content, etc.) for the New Mothers Program
- Summary of the program details
- How the volunteers will go about the marketing of the New Mothers Program
- What media will be used – traditional and digital
- Where and how traditional media materials will be distributed
- Where and how digital media materials will be shared
- Any additional help that will be hired or contracted
- Sponsors, if any
- Objectives of the marketing campaign
- Parameters of success
You may add additional information that is in line with the details you have outlined in Task 1.
Send the email you composed in Task 2 above to three (3) volunteers, as if they are part of the pool of volunteers for the New Mothers Program and picturing Chery Grove as their own city.
Explain to the three (3) volunteers that they do not have to execute the marketing campaign. Rather, ask them for feedback regarding the communication plan you came up with (i.e. the procedures and instructions you included in your email). Some guide questions include:
- How effective will the communication plan be if it were executed in your community?
- What are some challenges that this communication plan might face?
- What do you think of the outlets / platforms used?
- Give your comments on the communication
Save their feedback in separate documents and submit them with this answered workbook. Use the following usernames:
CHC52015 Cluster 2 – Project – Task 3 – Feedback 1
CHC52015 Cluster 2 – Project – Task 3 – Feedback 2
CHC52015 Cluster 2 – Project – Task 3 – Feedback 3
Summarise the feedback you received from the three (3) volunteers in Task 3, and identify how you can improve on your strategies.
Record up to five (5) of what you consider the most critical comments you received.
For More Information: Case Study Help Experts