- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Book Your Assignments Today!
Securing Higher Grades at Least Amount Of Effort?
Get Assignment Answers from Top-notch Tutors – specialize in your subject areas
Suppose that you are the Human Resource Manager for Pepsico and have been asked by the CEO to investigate the impact of leaders and managers on the operations of this ever-growing company.
You will need to produce a report for the senior leadership team that includes the following:
1. An introduction to the Pepsico’s organization and management structure.
2. Definition and roles of both managers and leaders, highlighting the differences between management and leadership.
Hint: What roles does Indra Nooyi present in Pepsico
3. The different roles of management and leadership in application to different organizational situations, supported by theories and concepts.
What leadership style does Indra Nooyi hold?
What “grade” would you give Indra Nooyi for her job performance as a strategic leader?
What are her strengths and weaknesses?
Where would you place Indra Nooyi on the Level-5 hierarchy of strategic leadership and why?
What lessons do you learn from Indra Nooyi to become a strategic leader?
4. How theories such as situational leadership, systems leadership, chaos theory and management by objectives apply to the organisation and how these have supported growth and sustainable performance.
What theories and approaches does Indra Nooyi apply to Pepsico and how these have supported growth and sustainable performance?
What are strengths and weaknesses of each theory and approach?
5. Conclusions on how managers and leaders have made an impact on the Pepsico and recommendations for future improvements.
Management and operation principles and differentiate between the role of a leader and the function of a manager in the business context.