- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Lead and Influence
Tutor-Marked Assignment 02
Part 1: Narrative (40 marks)
The case should be about 400 words long. It should have the following features:
1. It should be in the form of a narrative (story). You should write it in past tense.
2. IT MUST BE BASED ON A REAL-LIFE SITUATION WHICH YOU HAD OBSERVED OR IN WHICH YOU WERE INVOLVED.
3. You should state the time period, the organization and the industry so as to provide a context for the narrative.
4. There should be a protagonist who is in a leadership position. The protagonist could be you. There should only be one protagonist.
5. There is a problem that requires a leadership decision and action.
(a) Explain the problem and its cause. Demonstrate that there is a wider context to the situation by discussing how it affects the stakeholders.
(b) Describe the trigger event that brings the problem to the foreground.
6. The story can be about the decision that was already made or yet to be made by the protagonist.
7. You should explain why making a decision would present a dilemma to the protagonist. For example, the decision may result in unfavourable consequences to some of the stakeholders but still be greatly beneficial to others.
8. You can disguise your case.
COR169 Tutor-Marked Assignment
SIM UNIVERSITY Tutor-Marked Assignment – Page 4 of 4
Part II: Analysis (60 marks)
The analysis should be about 600 words.
Select two theoretical frameworks (ie, two leadership theories) to analyse your case.
Describe the key elements of the theories. Using the selected theories, you should analyze:
1. the good and bad points about the protagonist’s leadership behaviour (or lack thereof);
2. (if the protagonist had made a decision) whether that decision made was a good one. Provide reasons for your views; and
3. (if the protagonist had not made a decision) how the problem should be resolved. Provide reasons for your recommendations.
In your analysis, you should refer to:
(a) the problem which requires a decision from the protagonist;
(b) the impact of the problem (and the decision) on the stakeholders;
(c) the external and internal environment affecting the protagonist and the stakeholders
To get answer chat with online assignment adviser