- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
This is the individual Resit assignment for this course, and in writing the assignment you will need to consider the most relevant concepts that will assist you in a practical change activity. For this assignment, you are asked to:
- Within a familiar organisation, consider a previous change initiative that in your view did not work as well as it could have. Ideally, this could be within your area of influence or familiarity.
- Using some relevant change frameworks provide your analysis and perspective on what inhibited or prevented the change initiative from being as successful as it could have been. Suggest you focus on a reasonable number of concepts in more depth and avoid ‘theory dumping’. Examples of potential change concepts or frameworks could include the following (though it is not necessary to use these, and you could include others not mentioned):
- Drivers of change
- Lewin’s change model
- Kotter’s 8 step process
- Resistance and role of emotions
- Communication, commitment and engagement
- Role of change leaders
- Organisational development
- Propose a new plan for change, taking into account the needs of the various stakeholders, the potential of success as well as the possibility of resistance along with other potential factors such as:
- What is the key focal issue and level of readiness for the change?
- What is the scope of the change – what level of the organisation is it directed to?
- Who will be affected by the change, how might they react, and what emotional support would you provide?
- How will you communicate the change and how?
- What values, beliefs, and behaviours are you targeting?
- How will it be reinforced?
In summary, this assignment contains two parts:
- Briefly review a change initiative in a familiar organisation that did not turn out as well as it could have. (Approximately 500 words)
- Use some relevant concepts to critically make sense of the outcome, without overusing theory. (Approximately 1000 words)
- Propose a revised change plan for this change to include a practical set of recommendations, taking into account the needs of the various stakeholders as mentioned above. (Approximately 1000 words)
During this course, we have examined a range of topics in relation to managing change. In writing this assignment, you will need to consider which topics that we discussed throughout the course as well as any additional evidence would be useful in helping you to come up with a proposal for a revised change initiative in a familiar organisation. Although there will be a number of potential relevant topics, avoid overloading the assignment with too many concepts or theories. Instead, use those you consider most appropriate – and be sure to use the correct citation style and use of the literature throughout.
If appropriate, you may want to use relevant evidence from the organisation.
The structure for the assignment should look something like this:
- Executive summary of main points and rationale of the proposed plan (150 words)
- Body of paper with relevant subheadings
Word limit: 2500 words
|Assessment Rubric||Criteria||Potential marks||Mark|
|Presentation||The overall presentation quality of the assignment including appropriate referencing, structure and clarity of communication||20|
|Argument and use of evidence||The assignment uses relevant course and other material to achieve the task in a convincing and logical way||20|
|Substantiation||The argument is supported with appropriate evidence and literature||20|
|Critique||There is a critical approach to the task that also considers implications of findings||20|
|Evaluation and conclusions||Clarity of evaluation and conclusions derived from evidence||20|
Please submit on canvas by Monday 13th August 2018 by 12.00 noon UK time
Searches related to Managing Question & Answers :
Managing Change Question & Answers
change management stakeholder interview questions
change management interview questions pdf
questions to ask about change in the workplace
change management exam questions and answers
leading change interview questions and answers
interview questions about adapting to change
interview questions on innovation and change
change and release management interview questions and answers