- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
The test is an institutional assessment indicator, important for the accreditation status of SBS Swiss Business School.
Directions: This is an individual exam. You are not allowed to use any papers or books or seek the help of a friend. Each section contains independent questions. Each of the questions or incomplete statements is followed by 4 suggested answers or completions. Select the one that is best in each case. Good luck!
1. One of the advantages of corporate retailing is that corporate retail organizations achieve economies of scale, greater purchasing power, better-trained employees, and _____________.
a. Wider Brand Recognition
b. More Locations
c. Branded Merchandise
d. “Fresh” Merchandise
e. More Advertising
2. An independent retailer using a central buying organization and joint promotion efforts is known as a ____________
a. Corporate Chain Store
b. Voluntary Chain
c. Retailer Cooperative
d. Merchandising Conglomerate
e. Franchise Organization
3. The internal records system supplies results data, but the marketing intelligence system supplies __________ data.
4. A __________ is a set of procedures, and sources managers use to obtain everyday information about developments in the marketing environment.
a. Marketing Research System
b. Marketing Information System
c. Product Management System
d. Marketing Intelligence System
e. Vertical System
5. A company can take several steps to improve the quality of its marketing intelligence. If the company purchases competitive products for study, attends open houses and trade shows, and reads competitors’ published reports and stockholder information, the company is using _________ to improve the quality of its marketing intelligence.
a. Sales Force Surrogates
c. External Networks
d. Advisory Panels
e. Customer Feedback Systems
6. Other media for direct-response marketing includes television. Television is used by direct marketers in conducting or producing “infomercials,” videotext and interactive TV, and ________.
a. Ad Campaigns
b. Direct Response
c. At-Home Shopping Channels
7. The exchange process in the age of information has become increasingly customer- initiated and __________.
a. Market Specific
8. The Internet provides marketers and consumers with opportunities for much greater interaction and ______.
a. Ease Of Use
9. We can say that a _________ has three characteristics: (1) It is a source of competitive advantage in that it makes a significant contribution to perceived customer benefits, (2) It has applications in a wide variety of markets, and (3) it is difficult for competitors to imitate.
a. Core Competency
b. Business Strategy
c. Core Technology
d. Strategic Business Unit
e. Winning Strategy
10. Core competencies tend to refer to areas of special technical and production expertise, where_____________ processes.
a. Process benchmarks
b. Distinctive capabilities
c. Core business values
d. Value statements
e. Mission statements tend to describe excellence in broader business
11. George Day sees market-driven organizations as excelling in three distinctive capabilities: ____________ customer linking, and channel bonding.
a. Target Marketing
b. Market Research
c. Fulfilling Customer Needs
d. Market Sensing
e. Customer Service Relationships
12. Competitors find it hard to imitate companies such as Southwest Airlines, Dell, or IKEA because they are unable to copy there ____________.
a. Product Innovations
b. Distribution Strategy
c. Pricing Policies
d. Activity Systems
e. Logistics System
13. One conception of holistic marketing views it as “integrating the value exploration, __________ and value delivery activities with the purpose of building long-term, mutually satisfying relationships and co-prosperity among key stakeholders.”
a. Value Creation
b. Value Proposition
c. Value Management
d. Value Research
e. Value Chain
14. Red Bull has gained _________ of the worldwide energy drink market by skillfully connecting with global youth.
a. 70 percent
b. 80 percent
c. 60 percent
d. 50 percent
e. 90 percent
15. Red Bull built buzz about the product through its __________.
a. “Buzz Marketing Program.”
b. “In Program.”
c. “Marketing Program.”
d. “Seeding Program.”
e. “Advertising Campaign”
16. Global firms plan, operate, and ___________ their activities on a worldwide basis.
17. A global industry is defined as ___________.
a. An industry in which the strategic positions of competitors are fundamentally affected by their overall global positions
b. An industry that operates in more than one country and captures R&D, marketing, and other financial advantages in its costs and reputation.
c. An industry that operates in more than one country and has a strategic position in many countries
d. A firm that operates in more than one country and has a sales and marketing staff in those countries
e. An industry that has strategic positions in many countries but is not affected by competition
18. A global firm is one that ___________.
a. Where the strategic positions of competitors are fundamentally affected by their overall global positions
b. Operates in more than and captures R&D, marketing, and other financial advantages in its costs and reputation
c. Operates in more than one country and has a sales and marketing staff in those countries
d. Operates in more than one country and has a sales and marketing staff in those countries developing
e. Has strategic positions in many countries but is not affected by competition researching
19. The major decisions in international marketing include which of the following steps?
a. Deciding whether to go abroad.
b. Deciding which markets to enter.
c. Deciding how to enter the market.
d. Deciding on the marketing program.
e. All of the above.
20. The internationalization process has four stages. These stages are ___________.
a. No regular export activities
b. Export via independent representatives (agents)
c. Establishment of one or more sales subsidiaries
d. Establishment of production facilities abroad
e. All are part of the internationalization process