- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Book Your Assignments Today!
Securing Higher Grades at Least Amount Of Effort?
Get Assignment Answers from Top-notch Tutors – specialize in your subject areas
This tutor-marked assignment is worth 40% of the final mark for COR171 Negotiation and Relationship Management.
The cut-off date for this assignment is 2359hrs on 20 March 2015
Submit your solution document in the form of a single MS Word file on or before the cut-off date shown above.
1. You will need to indicate clearly on the front page your name, student ID, course title and assignment number.
2. You must document all information that you use from another source, or you will be penalized severely. If you copy from the work of another student, regardless of the course or programme, you will be severely penalized. You are not permitted to re-use material from past assignments whether in part or in full. All of the above actions can result in your failing the TMA.
3. The word limit for each question is 500 words.
This TMA assesses the following learning outcomes:
Students should be able to:
• Discuss one’s negotiation style
• Develop Options and Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement
• Demonstrate the interpersonal process of negotiation
• Apply effective communication competence to achieve the desired outcomes
• Analyse the substantive issues in the negotiations
• Apply a principled negotiation approach to achieve good outcomes
COR171 Tutor-Marked Assignment
SIM UNIVERSITY Tutor-Marked Assignment – Page 3 of 3
Pharmax is a pharmaceutical company that needs the chemical compound from the juice of the rare fruit Olenge. The chemical compound from Olenge juice is used to make the vaccination for the deadly Z virus. However, the world’s supply of Olenge was recently bought up by Miramas, a cosmetics company. Miramas uses Olenge husks to make their world famous face cream, Omas, which supposedly reverses aging.
Pharmax’s CEO, Max Barr, and Miramas’ CEO, Mitch Barr, are brothers, but are at loggerheads because Max hid, and never returned, Mitch’s favourite stuffed bear, Mickey, 20 years ago.
Mitch is refusing to speak to Max about Olenge unless Max returns Mickey. Max has no idea where Mickey is. Max has told Mitch that the real issue is Miramas’ unethical practice of having all the Olenge producers tied up in 25 year supply contracts, which is exploitation of the Olenge producers, and they should be negotiating about releasing the Olenge producers from their onerous contracts. Although Max has also indicated to Mitch that he is willing to buy the available Olenge stock at $8 per kilogram (knowing that Mitch paid $12 per kilogram), Max also told Mitch that he is being an “unreasonable brat”, just like when they were growing up. Max has also told Mitch that if they cannot come to an agreement by tomorrow, he will tell “mother about Mitch not sharing”.
List the negative negotiation tactics used by Mitch and Max.
Apply the appropriate countermeasure to the negative negotiation tactics identified in Question 1.
Demonstrate how the countermeasure will work in each case (i.e. what the particular brother could say or do).
(a)Analyse Max’s interests.
(b)Analyse Mitch’s interests.
To get answer chat with online assignment adviser