- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Operations Management deals with the design and management of products, processes, services and supply chains. It considers the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources that firms need to deliver the goods and services their clients want.
The purvey of OM ranges from strategic to tactical and operational levels. Representative strategic issues include determining design of goods and services, process and capacity design, location strategy, layout strategy, human resources and job design, supply-chain management.
Tactical issues include layout and structure, project management methods, and equipment selection and replacement.
Operational issues include scheduling and control of operations, inventory management, quality control and inspection, traffic and materials handling, and equipment maintenance policies.
Select an organization of your choice and answer the following questions:-
- Critically assess the current operations strategy of the organization. Describe your answer using the strategic, tactical and operational factors mentioned above in the assignment brief. (25 marks)
- Doing things right by providing error free goods and services, which will satisfy the customers, is known as ‘quality’. Critically assess the Quality Management practices in the organization. Benchmark the current practices with industry leading practices and recommend required improvements. (25 marks)
- Identify five core cross-functional processes in the organization. Describe each of the process with standard tools and diagrams.(Standard tools and diagrams are: Process Chart, Process Flow Chart, Responsibility Matrix, etc.…). Critically evaluate and re-engineer the processes and recommend improvements. (25 marks)
- Describe the importance of “Process innovation and improvement “to” the organization. Support your answer with TIM implementation (total innovation management), technology acquisition and automation practices. (25 marks)
The following criteria will be used when marking your assignment equations:-
- Clear identification of current practices , compare with leading practices and identify required improvements.– 35%
- Use of appropriate theory and examples wherever needed to answer questions. – 15%
- Creativity and novelty of recommendations/improvements – 25%
- Depth of the analysis and relevance – 15%
- The format and flow of report – 10%
Criteria for marking provided below
- Paper Size : A4
- Word Count : 6000 words
- Printing Margins : LHS; RHS: 1 Inch
- Binding Margin : ½ Inch
- Header and Footer : 1 Inch
- Printing: Single Sided
- Basic Font Size : 12
- Font Style : Arial/Times New Roman
- Presentation : Bound Document
Important Information for Students
- The assignment should be submitted as a SOFT COPY in a word format ONLY (CD ONLY) as well as HARD COPY on or before the due date.
- The soft copy should be saved directly to a CD as one file. Documents saved in different files and/or in subfolders will be rejected.
- Softy copy should be named as MBA-(subject number)-(assignment number)-(followed by the student registration number)
E.g. for Operations Management Assignment
- Students are expected to keep a backup of all the assignments. ICBT and Cardiff Metropolitan University have all the right to re call for soft copy of any assignment at any time during the course.
- Student should sign a register upon submitting assignment which will be kept in the administration department of relevant campus. This record on the register will be considered as the official record for submission.
- Please note that plagiarism is treated as a serious offence and therefore the work you produce must be individual and original although may work in groups in some instances (Please refer to Student Handbook on Plagiarism & Cheating).
- All sources of information must be referenced using “Harvard referencing” where a reference listing should be included at the end of the assignment.
- Please note that the submission date given for this assignment is the final date that you can hand over the assignment. No late submissions are allowed. (Please refer to the Student Handbook on Assessments – Late Submissions).
- Please refer to Student Handbook on Assignments – Re-submission, mitigating circumstances procedure.
- Please use the attached coversheet only for hardcopy.
- Do not copy the assignment coversheet or the assignment question to the softcopy ( that is to the CD)
- Students are expected to give the following information in their coversheet of the softcopy (In the CD)
- Student name
- UWIC ID number
- ICBT ID number
- Subject name
- Subject code
To get assignment samples chat with our online assignment adviser (Chat with our 24 x 7 Online Agents).
Ask Your Need Help with Operation Management Assignment Task?
Check out our Management Case Study Assignment Online
Find Your Experts for MBA Assignment