- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Book Your Assignments Today!
Securing Higher Grades at Least Amount Of Effort?
Get Assignment Answers from Top-notch Tutors – specialize in your subject areas
Subject: Operations Management
Word limit: (2500 Words)
- Using your own organisation or a local organisation that you know well, identify a strategic operations issue or problem that needs to be addressed. This problem should be related to one of the topics that are covered in this subject.
Write a report which addresses the strategic operations issue/problem as follows:
- Describe the organisation. Keep the description brief, but make sure that the reader can clearly understand what the organisation does and the organisational context.
- Describe the specific operational issue, problem or process that needs to be addressed. Again, keep this brief but ensure the reader understands what the issue or problem is and how the issue/problem affects the organisation’s processes.In order to help explain how the issue/problem affects to the organisation, you might want to include one or more of the following:
- a chart or process flow diagram to show the functional relationships of the issue or problem with the rest of the organisation’s workflow;
- key objectives and purpose of the operation including your opinion of its current and ideal performance (preferably supported by actual performance data);
- opportunities for change and improvement to the process or techniques being used now;
- resource implications or constraints that need to be considered;
- technologies and/or manpower issues involved in the process.
- Analyse the issue or problem using a concept covered in this subject. If you believe it is appropriate, you can use more than one concept from the subject (but bear in mind the assignment’s word limit). This analysis should be the major content of your report.When analysing the issue or problem, you should consider:
- the five main performance objectives of operations management;
- changes to performance or outcomes (such as cost, output, quality, productivity etc);
- potential improvements that you believe can be made;
- relevant theory calculations where possible;
- where possible, any information about the costs involved.
Important Assignment Instructions
- The required word length for this assignment is 2500 words(+/- 10%).
- In terms of structure, presentation and style you are normally required to use:
– AIB standard report format; and
– AIB preferred Microsoft Word settings; and
– Harvard style referencing (which includes in-text citations plus a reference list).
These requirements are detailed in the AIB Style Guide.
- Reference lists for AIB assignments / projects normally contain the following number of relevant references from different sources: 6-12 (for MBA assignments).
- All references must be from credible sources such as books, industry related journals, magazines, company documents and recent academic articles.
- Your grade will be adversely affected if your assignment contains no/poor citations and/or reference list and also if your assignment word length is beyond the allowed tolerance level (see Assessment Policy available on AIB website).
To get answer chat with online assignment adviser