- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Name & Code : People in Oganization.
ATHE Level : Level 4
You are working in the capacity of a senior consultant with an HR consultancy. One of your client; a medium-sized company has approached the consultancy to advise them on their ongoing problem with staff low performance and professional malpractices. Your client (a medium-sized organization) is facing issues with employees in the form of low motivation, negative absenteeism, high staff turnover and inefficiency.
Your manager has advised you to conduct research and produce series of documentation on the issues above, in the form of a research notes and a report. The documentation you produce will conclude issues, and your client will be in the better potion to make corrective measures.
Task 1 – Research Notes
Guidelines for research:
Please research work practices of an organization of your choice. Create a document in the form of research notes; please follow the instructions. It can be an organization you work for, wish to work for or another. You can collect primary data through questionnaires and interviews for the organization you work for. Otherwise, you can do desk research based on secondary data, for this purpose you can choose a medium sized organization and search for relevant data on the internet, annual reports and portal.
Please focus on acquiring the information focused on HRM of the chosen organization.
You will need to research workplace practices to gather certain information on following:
- Communication practices including, communication policies and procedures, organizational charts and relevant legislation
- Team working practices and leadership styles. This should include remote working practices and how the remote workers are managed
- Support structures for staff, including HR department, policies, and procedures
Task 2 – Report
You are expected to prepare a formal report. The report would include the theories and best practices with examples in the context of research done (in the previous requirement) on the chosen organization. This would be the compressive report with different sections.
You must make sure you include the following sections in your report:
Report Section I – Communication practices
- An analysis of the benefits of effective communication (AC 1.1)
- The policies and procedures that are used to enhance communication within organizations (AC 1.2) with examples from the organizations you have researched (AC 5.1)
- An outline of legislation relevant to communication within organizations (AC 1.3) and their impacts on people within organizations (AC 5.1)
- An evaluation of how organizational structures impacts on the communication methods used (AC 1.4) with examples (AC 5.1)
Report Section II – Teamwork
Consider theories of teamwork and provide examples of best practice with which you are familiar. Include
- The Assignment of the benefits of teamwork (AC 2.1) to both individuals’ and workers and the organizations. Are these benefits apparent in the organizations you have researched (AC 5.1)
- An analysis of why teams force fail to meet their objectives (AC 2.2). Where possible, give examples (AC 5.1).
- An evaluation of the influence of leadership styles on teamwork (AC 2.3) with samples (AC 5.1)
Report Section III – remote working
Consider the problems associated with remote working, providing examples of best practice with which you are familiar. Include following:
- An example of the various ways in which people work ‘remotely’ (AC 3.1An evaluation of common working methods used by those working remotely with examples of appropriate use in different contexts (AC 3.2)
- A study of management styles suitable for remote working (AC 3.3) and an assessment of those used in organizations you have researched (AC 5.1)
Report Section IV – Support structures
Consider the support structures designed to support people within workplaces, providing examples of best practice with which you are familiar and the organization you have researched.
- An explanation of how Human Resource departments can provide support to people within the workplace (AC 4.1)
- An evaluation of the policies and schemes designed to support people (AC 4.2)
- An evaluation of methods used to help people in the workplace (AC 4.3, AC 5.1)
Report Section V – recommendations
Based on your experience and knowledge of workplace practices- theory and practice – make suggestions to improve staff and managers’ experience of the workplace (AC 5.2)
|People in Organisations|
|Unit Aims||This unit aims to develop knowledge of those aspects of organisations that concern and support people. This includes communication practices, teamwork, remote working and other organisational structures. Using this knowledge learners will be able to review the impact of workplace practices on people|
|Unit Grading Structure||Pass|
|Assessment Guidance||Assignments in accordance with awarding organisation guidance|
|Learning Outcomes The learner will:||Assessment Criteria The learner can:|
|1 Understand communication practices within organisations.||1.1 Analyse the benefits of effective communication to organisations1.2 Analyse policies and procedures that are used to enhance communication within organisations 1.3 Outline legislation relevant to communication within organisations
1.4 Evaluate how the organisational structure impacts on the communication methods used
|2 Understand the principles of effective teamwork.||2.1 Assess the benefits of team working to individuals and organisations2.2 Analyse why teams might fail to meet their objectives
2.3 Evaluate the impact of leadership styles on teamwork
|3 Understand the issues associated with remote working.||3.1 Explain the implications of the different ways in which people work ‘remotely’3.2 Evaluate common working practices used by those working remotely in different contexts
3.3 Analyse the leadership styles suitable for remote working
|4 Understand the structures designed to support people within the workplace.||4.1 Explain how HR departments can provide support to people within the workplace4.2 Assess policies and procedures designed to support people in the workplace
4.3 Assess practices used to support people in the work place
|5 Be able to review the impact of workplace practices on people within organisation||5.1 Assess workplace practices that impact on people within organisations5.2 Make recommendations to improve staff and managers experience of the workplace|