- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Task -PMP Critique
Worth 20% (50 marks)
Your critical analysis will understand (interpret and summarise), analyse and evaluate (judge) key aspects of the assigned PMP. You should adopt Schwalbe (2014, pp.161-164) and the PMI’s (2013, p.76-77) PMBOK Guide as frameworks for comparison and evaluation.
Your report should be presented in a business or management style and structured as follows:
- Title page;
- Executive summary;
- Table of contents;
- Analysis of PMP:
-Management and technical approach;
-Work to perform;
- References; and
- Appendices (if needed
Your work will need to comply with the following:
A report of a minimum of 2000 words which provides evidence of critical analysis of the provided PMP. You must include:
- A written interpretation and synthesis of key components as well as a description of your understanding of the PMP’s purpose;
- An evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses identified,
- Your assessment of the usefulness of the PMP to guide the project
- In your discussion you must identify and analyse key issues. This must reference the content of the various theoretical frameworks such as Schwalbe (2014), the PMI (2013) PMBOK guide, and must be supported by your own ideas.
- The more PMP examples you read, the more you understand how to develop a good PMP, the more you are prepared to do your assignment 3. It is suggested that you Google the Internet and read at least 5 PMP examples for your critique, so that you will be able to compare and contrast them and look at a PMP from different point of views. You should cite each PMP you’ve read in your critique in terms of structure, content, writing, presentation, techniques and tools etc.
- Multiple references should be used. These must be acknowledged through the use of in-text citation and a Reference list. The citations and References list must comply with the APA citation style (see Federation University’s General Guide to Referencing). In-text references should be used in such a way as to provide support for the work and these references should come from a wide variety of sources such as books, journals and reputable websites.
- Your report should be presented as a business or management style report which adheres to academic writing presentation standards. It must contain quality written expression as outlined in the university style guide, see: https://federation.edu.au/current-students/learning-and-study/online-help-with/study-skills-and- writing-guides which covers Federation University’s General Guide to Writing and Study Skills (above), General Guide to Referencing (above) and Assignment Layout and Appearance Guidelines.