- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
What are the important concepts relevant to the logistics management by an organization and explain them briefly best concept of logistics management
1) Assignment Submission: All assignment copies are to be handed in to lecturers on the specific due date agreed upon.
2) Assignment Brief: Select a manufacture that you are familiar with and assume that you are the Logistics manager of this organization. Determine the area in which logistics and the core functional areas (like production, marketing, finance and accounting) might interface and analyses the effectiveness of the current order cycle and inventory management. Based on your analyses, recommend improvements by applying the theories and concepts found in logistics management. You are required to consult and fully reference a MINIMUM of 10 references (e.g., book; journal article from the full-text databases; current affairs magazine; newspaper etc.) the use of WIKIPEDIA online encyclopedia is NOT allowed. The Word range of this essay is about 2,000 words.
The article must fulfill the following requirements:
- More marks will be awarded for reports which provide more detailed discussion and in-depth analysis with adequate referencing to logistics concepts and models.
3) Assignment Format:
The report should be presented as follows:
- Introduction – Outline the background and purpose of this report (about 100 words) and provide key information about the selected organization (about 200 words).
- The Interfaces – Determine the areas in which logistics and three core functional areas, namely production, marketing, accounting and finance of the selected organization might interface. Apply logistical theories and concepts. Diagrams are permitted to help explain concepts (about 500 words).
- Order Cycle – Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of current order processing system of the selected organization and Recommend improvement by applying logistical theories and concepts. Diagrams are permitted to help explain concepts (500 words).
Citation/Referencing Style :: APA