- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
1-Sustaining an Ethnic Soft Drink-Paper Boat: Brand Positioning and Consumer Behavior (Deadline after 12 hours)
- How do you think are the various factors listed in exhibits 1-6 associated with each other from the conceptual viewpoint?
- What is your inference and interpretation of the response in Exhibit 1?
- What are the conclusions that you may like to draw from exhibits 2,3,4,5, and 6? What are these exhibits important?
- What are the significant assumptions that you can bring from your analysis of questions 1 to 3 and the case information?
2-Nielson (Deadline after four days)
- What is the state of shampoo category?
- What is the consumer behavior for the shampoo category?
- Analyze consumer behavior for Pantene and Garnier
- Has Pantene priced appropriately?
- Is the promotion strategy of Pantene appropriate?
- What marketing strategy do you propose for Pantene to reclaim lost market share?
3-Unilever in Brazil (Deadline after four days)
- Should Unilever target the low-income segment of consumers in the Northeast? To answer this question, examine the short-term financial implications of the decision as well as its long-term strategic implications.
- Evaluate Unilever’s current brand portfolio. Is a new brand necessary to serve the low-income segment or could Unilever reposition one of its existing brands or merely launch a brand extension? If you judge that a new brand is necessary, write its positioning statement and choose its name among Unilever’s worldwide brand names.
- Design the marketing mix. Choose the price, promotion (objectives, message, and combination), product (formulation and packaging), and distribution that will allow Unilever to create and capture- value for low-income consumers in the Northeast of Brazil.
4-Harley Davidson: Chasing a new generation of customers (Deadline after four days)
- Identify key market research indicators and consumer insights (market share, marketing spend, brand awareness, brand attitude, etc.) included in the case.
- What are the drivers of HD customers’ brand loyalty?
- How would these discussion outline above guide brand management?
- What is the solution you would recommend to HD?
5-Samsung Mobile: Market Share and Profitability in Smartphone (Deadline after four days)
- Where is the Smartphone in its product lifecycle, and how should that position inform Samsung’s strategy going forward?
- Should Samsung Pursue Profitability, even at the expense of market share?
- Are Samsung Smartphone’s differentiated products? If so why? If not, what should Samsung do it?
- Should Samsung pursue a multi-segmented or a globally similar strategy? If the company should continue multiple segments, by what criteria should it segment?
6-Nature View (Deadline after four days)
- How has Nature view succeeded in the natural foods channel?
- What are the two primary types of growth strategies under consideration by Nature look?
- 3a. How do the three options compare financially regarding yearly revenue, gross margin, required investment, and profit potential?
- 3b. If the venture capitalists extended their deadline for meeting the $20 million revenue target by 12 to 18 months, would that change your recommended action plan?
- What are the strategic advantages and risks of each option? What channel management and conflict issues are involved?
- What action plan should the company pursue? What changes in the current marketing mix, sales, brand, and channel partner arrangements do you recommend to implement the action plan?