- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
You are employed by a specialist marketing consultancy business, ‘Total Marketing Solutions’ (TMS), that provides support and advice to organizations looking to develop their strategic marketing plans. To recruit additional business, you have been asked to put together information for prospective clients
- The principles of strategic marketing
- How organisations can carry out strategic marketing analysis
- How strategic marketing decisions and choices are analyzed and assessed
- How a range of marketing strategies can be implemented to contribute to competitive advantage.
- From scenario it is quite clear that though the name of company signifies it does everything
related to marketing however, it is highlighted that focus is to be strictly marketing of their services
related to Strategic Marketing Plan as an umbrella.
- Additionally, scenario discusses information pack required for prospective clients. With ref to this, prospective clients indicate that they have been shortlisted by pre-sales team for having a requirement for the service under discussion. Since, they are still in pre-sales phase it is vital that you give them an outcome based trailer of the benefit that your service can deliver.
- This can be delivered in form of a brochure (Information booklet) but does not describe a solution so as to how to do it but what it is in essence.
- Additionally, what you do not want to do is discuss everything in this booklet as it should be a preamble or grounds to meet and discuss with a presentation which is later activity in this assignment. All these activities constitute a portfolio of pre-sales collateral.
Create an information pack for prospective new clients that outlines the principles of strategic marketing. Your pack must cover the following topics:
- An assessment of the role of strategic marketing in an organization
- An analysis of the relationship between corporate strategy and marketing strategy
- An analysis of how marketing strategy is developed.
Your pack should demonstrate an understanding of the connection between strategic corporate and strategic marketing decisions and choices. You should:
- Analyze decisions and choices that are made at a corporate level
- Assess how these decisions influence marketing at business unit and functional level
- Analyze approaches to competitive positioning of organisations.
Assessment Criteria 1.1/1.2/1.3/3.1/3.2/3.3
|ATHE Desired Criterion||EstimatedWord count|
|1.||an assessment of the role of strategic marketing in an organization.||This is where you identify the meaning and role ofstrategic marketing. This is in terms of aligning resources with opportunities to achieve sustainableadvantage.|
You can use illustrations within text
Think of it as a brochure or information sheets on a product
150-250 words per learning outcome , total 900-
1,500- words2.an analysis of the relationship between corporate strategy and marketing strategyYou can create a visual chart showing how the process of corporate strategy is supported bystrategic marketing plan. Then analyze theinterrelated nature of each plan with examples.3.an analysis of how marketing strategy is developed.This can be textual and visual. The Idea being that you highlight key activities involved in formulating,implementing and evaluating marketing strategy.4analyze decisions and choices that are made at acorporate levelThis could be done using the Ansoff matrix in terms of expansion, contraction and stability options.Identify each strategy and analyze.5assess how these decisions influence marketing atbusiness unit and functional levelYou could show the strategy hierarchy and how strategies are inter-related at different levels in anorganization from corporate to business and functional levels.6analyze approaches tocompetitive positioning oforganizations.Here you can explain leader, challenger andfollower strategies and include a graphic to showcompetitive positions of organizations.
· Idea is to prepare an appealing brochure which is concise, not too wordy but informative enough to schedule the next meeting with clear cut outcome benefit to client.
· It could have a small intro of TMS in beginning, and at the end indicate the various services portfolio list they have.
A range of potential new clients have expressed an interest in working with TMS based on the information pack you provided. They would like some further information to understand how strategic marketing analysis may be carried out.
You have been asked to design a short training session for prospective clients, to develop their understanding of strategic marketing analysis. Your session must cover the following topics:
an evaluation of approaches to internal environmental analysis
an evaluation of approaches to external environmental analysis
an explanation of how internal and external analyses are integrated.
You will need to produce your notes for the training session and have appropriate hand-outs for the clients detailing the topics covered.
Assessment Criteria 2.1/2.2/2.3
|ATHE Desired Criterion||EstimatedWord count|
|If you have EOI (Expression of Interest) it means that you will now get a chance to meet the gate keepers to the decision makers. Your activity 1 allowed you to pass the screeners for the gatekeepers. Keep in mind they are still trying to learn from you and there is no guarantee of sales so you have to engage them in a way to get their buy in while understanding that they cannot do it without you. You will prepare a PowerPoint slide show. Make sure what you wrote in brochure ties in here.|
|1.||an evaluation of approaches to internal environmentalanalysis||Evaluation means notes on the approaches andpros and cons. Internal analysis is identification of strengths and weakness- models include McKinsey 7S and Porters value chain|
Evaluation means notes on the approaches and pros and cons. The external environment models include PEST and Porters 5 forces analysis
500-600 words as notes to the PowerPoints2.an evaluation of approachesto external environmentalanalysis3.an explanation of howinternal and external analyses are integrated.You should talk about outcomes of above two integrating together and inputing into strategic plan. This could be done in a tabular format4You will need to produce your notes forthe training session and have appropriate hand-outs for the clients detailing thetopics covered.This can be auto generated by power point when you do notes view of 3 slides per page.
Following your training session, a new client has decided to work with TMS to develop their marketing strategy. They have asked to work with you to explore how marketing strategies can be used to give them greater competitive advantage. Your task is to create a report which:
- identifies a range of strategies that can contribute to their businesses competitive advantage
- provides an analysis of marketing communication strategies for the business
- analyses marketing strategies and how they can be applied and implemented by the
Organization, including resource and management implications.
|ATHE Desired Criterion||EstimatedWord count|
|1||identifies a range of strategies that can contribute to their businesses competitive advantage||It is asking for an identification of strategies for competitive advantage and this is to be answered in terms of Porters generic strategies.|
1,200-1,500 words2provides an analysis of marketing communication strategies for the businessIt is asking for an analysis of marcomms strategies and these are in terms of broadcast, narrowcast and nichecast strategies.3analyses marketing strategies and how they can be applied and implemented by the organization,including resource and management implications.It is asking for an analysis of marketing strategies and this is in terms of undifferentiated, differentiated and concentrated strategies. The managerial implications can be analyzed in terms of the Mc Kinsey 7s model elements.Assessment Criteria 4.1/4.2/4.3: Your report should be clearly and professionally presented andreferenced
Guidelines for assessors
The assignments submitted by students must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. The suggested evidence listed below is how students can demonstrate that they have met the required standards.
|Activity number||ACs||Suggested evidence|
|1||1.1/1.2/1.3/3.1/3.2/3.3||The information pack should demonstrate learners’ knowledge and understanding of the principles of strategic marketing including the role and relationships between corporate and marketing strategy. They should be able to confidently analyze how marketing strategy is developed, making reference to a range of appropriate corporate decisions and choices.|
|2||2.1/2.2/2.3||The training session could be a presentation delivered to the assessor and peers supported by appropriate, high quality handouts. Alternatively, learners may wish to record an ‘online training session’ using learning technologies, such as audio/video, screen capture software or use of mobile technologies. The format is flexible but the evidence must demonstrate learners’ understanding of how to carry out strategic marketing analysis including a range of both internal and external approaches and how the two integrate together.|
|3||4.1/4.2/4.3||The report should be structured in a formal way with clear layout and appropriate presentation. Following identification of a wide range of marketing and communication strategies that can contribute to competitive advantage, evidence must demonstrate learners’ ability to analyze strategies and how they can be applied and implemented for an organization. This can be contextualized to an appropriate case study organization or in more general terms.|
Please CHAT WITH LIVE Assignment Advisor to know more about Referencing styles and Citations.
Chat with our 24x 7 Online Agents CLICK CHAT NOW