- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Book Your Assignments Today!
Securing Higher Grades at Least Amount Of Effort?
Get Assignment Answers from Top-notch Tutors – specialize in your subject areas
Global & International Business Contexts
- Supply chain management
The context: You are employed by the Boston Consulting Group. Your company has been recently approached by a multinational corporation, which is looking for new business opportunities overseas. One option that has been suggested to a board of directors is food retail industry in India. Your task is to evaluate the attractiveness of this industry. You are required therefore to carry out the necessary research to construct an analysis of the overall competitiveness and investment attractiveness of the Indian food retail industry. You should use a range of published sources of information in this task, such as books, academic journals, periodicals, web resources and relevant databases.
Part 1: Porter’s National Diamond Analysis (60 marks)
Apply the extended version of Porter’s National Diamond (PND) model to the Indian food retail industry.
Part 2: Contemporary Management Issues (20 marks)
Discuss TWO key management issues that should be taken into account before developing operations in the Indian food retail industry.
Part 3: Market Entry Strategy (20 marks)
Based on your research and analysis in Part 1 and 2, identify TWO possible market entry strategies and discuss the advantages and limitations of each. You need to provide a clear recommendation to the board of directors.
READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDANCE NOTES CAREFULLY!
- The word limit for the overall assignment is 3600 words.
- Late submission without formal agreement will be marked as zero. An electronic version of your assignment must be handed in together with the hard copy. PLEASE DO NOT PUT EVERY PAGE OF YOUR WORK IN A SEPARATE FILE! The electronic copies will not be returned to students, you must retain a copy of this assignment for yourself.
- Write your analysis as a piece of business communication in report style, using headings and a numbering system, including any illustrations you think are useful. All the figures, charts and tables used in the main body of the report must be explained and justified.
- There should be no first person references (I, we, us) in the report. If self-reference is required, you may refer to yourself as “the author” or “this report”.
- This is a research-based assignment. Your analytical discussion must be supported by a significant number of information sources. Be selective and prioritise to highlight the most important factors.
Clarity and concision are encouraged and will be rewarded. You should be thorough and detailed in your analysis, and all the points should be fully explained and justified – but there is a balance to be sought between a mass of detail and a thorough, yet relatively concise reasoning.
- The report should have the following structure:
- Cover page – including the module code, title and word count
- Table of contents – including the page numbers
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- List of references
- Appendices (if necessary)
- Make appropriate use of Appendices to support your discussion and analysis in the main body of the report. Appendices should be properly organised with the reader being referred to the appropriate appendix at the appropriate point in the text.
- Appendices must not exceed 5 pages in total and are not to be marked. These should be used for supporting of the main analytical points and issues in the main body of the report.
- The work must be word-processed and must be printed on single sided A4 paper. Spacing may either be set at double or one and a half line spacing, depending on the machine used. The body of the report should be in Font size 12. Arial is the preferred font face.
- The assignment requires you to demonstrate that you understand and can use theoretical frameworks in your analysis. It is therefore expected that you apply appropriate models and theories studied on the module when generating your answers. It is not necessary to explain the frameworks that you use.
- Work which is badly written, badly organised and/or badly presented will attract a low grade.
- DO NOT copy text from any sources! Use the information to produce your own analysis. Please familiarise yourself with what constitutes plagiarism and academic misconduct. Use only high quality, reliable sources or comment on the quality of the sources used.
- PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL MATERIALS AND SOURCES USED IN YOUR WORK ARE PROPERLY REFERENCED!
Word limits and penalties for assignments
If the assignment is within +10% of the stated word limit no penalty will apply……54654
To get answer chat with online assignment adviser