- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Total Quality Management – Techniques and Benefits
Looking for the Total Quality Management Case Study Help in Australia, UK and the USA? If so, then Casestudyhelp.com is the right place for you. We retain our prices as lower as possible without compromising the quality of assignment we provide. Our Assignment Writing Service is available 24×7, and we guarantee 100% original and plagiarism-free work from our qualified and proficient writers.
Choose an industry and a specific product. PlusGate Ltd. manufactures the specific, named product you have chosen and has dominated the market for the past 20 years in Mauritius for the product. In recent years, however, PlusGate Ltd has seen a steady fall in its market share. The Board of Directors fears this trend will eventually cost the organisation its leading market position and has decided to adopt total quality management (TQM) to improve its performance and maintain its position.
You have been appointed as a TQM consultant to lead PlusGate’s adoption and implementation of TQM.
Prepare a report for the Board of Directors covering the following:
- The concept of TQM, techniques and benefits of TQM and how TQM can be applied to improve the organisation’s performance. (20 marks)
- The requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and how they can be applied as an appropriate quality management system (QMS) (30 marks)
- The concepts and techniques of lean production and Six Sigma and how they can be applied to improve the organisation’s performance. (30 marks)
- The meaning and need for independent third party certification to the ISO 9001:2015 standard and the processes for PlusGate to become certified. (20 marks)
Learning Outcomes Assessed (from the Module Descriptor, available on Blackboard):
– LO1 Evaluate the use of a wide range of quality and environmental practices and their application in the workplace.
– LO2 Plan, design and propose amendments where required to quality and environmental management systems and processes.
– LO3 Apply the relevant Acts, Regulations and best practice to design and implementation phases, with regard to the duties and responsibilities placed on respective parties.
– LO4 Analyse working situations, develop and apply strategies which ensure effective management of international codes of practice and legislation.