- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
ATHE Unit Name & Code : Applying Promotional Techniques
ATHE Level : Level 4
Credit Value: 15
You, as a marketing consultant, were asked by the manager of your department to conduct a presentation about the role of promotions in business. The organization has invited several partners and other stakeholders to be the audience of this event so that they will have an idea of the latest promotional techniques applied by businesses today.
Please carry out a presentation of the Applying Promotional Methods with relevant research of an organization from the 2016 top 100 brand in the UK using http://interbrand.com/best-brands/best-global-brands/2016/ranking/
Produce a presentation, minimum of 12 slides, with speaker notes along with handouts as audience copy. Please include the following:
- An example of the aims of promotion in business
- An explanation of how the success of a promotional campaign is measured
- A summary of the regulation of promotional activities
- An example of promotional methods used by industry
- An exploration of current trends in promotional ways
- An analysis of the importance of branding in the promotion
This assignment covers assessment criteria 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3.
A reference list is needed.
Your manager is now satisfied with the presentation. You are currently asked to evaluate the existing promotional campaign and provide a plan of promotional activities for the organization that you have selected.
You are advised to make a report of the chosen organization about their promotional campaign from the top 100 brands in the UK. The report must include the following:
- A review of the purposes of the campaign
- An examination of the promotional mix used for the campaign
- An analysis of the target market for the campaign
- An evaluation of the choice of media about the target market
- An assessment of the combination of the promotional mix with other elements of the marketing mix that is, product, price, and place.
This task includes assessment criteria 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4.
A bibliography must be attached.
The managers accepted the report, and the board decided to put up a branch in your location. You are asked to plan a promotional campaign in your locality for the organization you selected. The plan must include the following:
- Proposed aims and objectives of the campaign
- Choice of a target market for the battle with justification
- Suitable promotional activities.
- A method for implementation stating how it meets the purposes of the campaign
This task covers assessment criteria 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.
A bibliography must be attached.
Module Specification and Learning Outcomes
|Applying Promotional Techniques
|To develop understanding of promotion in business and to practice evaluation of existing campaigns and development of new ones.
|Unit Grading Structure
|Assignments in accordance with awarding organisation guidance.
|Learning OutcomesThe learner will:
|Assessment CriteriaThe learner can:
|1 Understand the role of promotion in achieving business objectives
|1.1 Explain the aims of promotion in business1.2 Explain how the success of a promotionalcampaign is measured
1.3 Explain how promotional activities are
|2 Understand the range of promotional methods used in business
|2.1 Explain the different promotional methods usedby business2.2 Explore current trends in choice of promotional
2.3 Analyze the importance of branding in
|3 Be able to evaluate an existing promotional campaign for a specific product or service
|3.1 Review the objectives of the campaign3.2 Analyze the promotional mix for the product orservice
3.3 Evaluate the choice of media in relation to the
3.4 Evaluate the integration of the promotional mix
with the other components of the marketing
|4 Be able to plan a promotional campaign for a specific business or product
|4.1 Propose aims and objectives for a promotionalcampaign4.2 Justify choice of target market for the
4.3 Devise suitable promotional activities
4.4 Produce a plan for implementation stating how it
meets the objectives of the campaign