- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
In this assessment task, you will need to prepare for, and provide a presentation to staff (this will b your assessor and at least two fellow students) about a new flexible working arrangements program and new professional development program to assist in developing existing staff as part of succession planning
What do students required to complete this assessment?
- Computer and Microsoft Office
- Access to the internet for research
- Presentation space
- Role-play participants
When and where do students need to do this?
This assessment task will be finished in the classroom as part of the simulated work environment. Write in the date as counsel by your assessor:
What do students have to submit?
- Power points
What if students get something wrong?
If your assessor sees that you did not finish the task satisfactorily, they will give you feedback about tasks you have not completed satisfactorily and a timeline for resubmission.
Instructions to student
Assume the approved workforce plan includes the objective to increase diversity, implement succession planning arrangements and to be an employer of choice and that strategies included to achieve this are flexible working arrangements and a new professional development program.
Assume that there are currently no flexible working arrangements in place and that the professional development arrangements are ad-hoc, relying on individual staff members to undertake their own professional development.
Review the scenario information above and then complete the following activities:
- Research the latest flexible working arrangements and professional development programs used t, companies and based on your research, develop and make notes on suitable flexible working arrangements and a professional development program for King Edward VII College staff.
You should ensure that the arrangements you suggest are arrangements that are applicable to a real lit working environment, as well as specifically relevant to the operations of King Edward VII College. For example, flexible working arrangements may vary depending on the staff member. For example, the trainee may not be able to utilize flexible working arrangements at all times when classes are scheduled. You should consider if and how you will be able to offer such arrangements in this case.
You may find the following websites useful:
- http://www.fairwork. ov.au/emplovee-entitlementsfflexibilitv-in-the-work acef flexible-work in arrangements
- http://workplaceflexibility.bc.edu/types/types arrangement schedules
- Once you have finished your research, you will need to develop a presentation to provide t outlining the new flexible working arrangements and professional development program. The presentation should be accompanied by PowerPoint and include images such as graphics or cl-illustrate points.
Your assessor will counsel you of the date for your presentation. Your presentation will need to last approximately 30 minutes and address the following content:
- A suitable introduction to your presentation.
- Details of the new proposed flexible working arrangements, including who it applies to, scheme will operate in practice and any differences in the proposed flexible working area, depending on the staff member job role
- Details of the new professional development program, including who it applies to, what p development opportunities there will be employee budget for professional development plan and apply for professional development opportunities.
You should also indicate when both of the above arrangements will commence.
- Send your PowerPoint presentation to your assessor prior to the meeting.
- Conduct your presentation on the specified date.