- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Assessment 2 – Theory to practice: Case Study Analysis Report (20%)
- Due Date: Sunday 21st October 2018 @ 23.55.
- Length: 1500 words
In this assessment task, students will use the detailed case information provided in a written case study. The purpose of this task is for students to show their understanding of how theory relates to practice.
- Identify a practice theory (or theories) relevant to this particular case study. Students must use one (or more) of the practice theories explored in the course content and textbook. Briefly outline the practice theory
- Justify the application of the practice theory (or theories) and argue the relevance to this particular case study.
- Describe how you would apply this practice theory or theories to this particular case. What are the particular strategies and techniques relevant to the theory that you would use in this case, and how would you apply them in practice?
This is a report, and therefore headings, dot points, etc can be used. Students are expected to seek relevant literature and use a minimum of 6 academic references.
Students will be marked according to the following criteria, each weighted at 25% (5/20):
- Capacity to identify and describe a practice theory or theories (using appropriate literature) relevant to this particular case study.
- Capacity to justify and argue the relevance of (using appropriate literature) a practice theory or theories.
- Capacity to describe the application of a practice theory or theories to this case, including examples of particular strategies and techniques.
- Capacity to demonstrate appropriate levels of scholarly writing and fluency (including the use of references and adherence to APA referencing)
Again, as with any assessment task, the key is to answer the question fully in the space provided.
Looking at this question, you can see that there are several elements, each of which needs to be addressed to answer the question fully.
Here there are three main ‘questions’ to address. You are asked to select a relevant practice theory or theories if for example a combined approach is thought to be relevant and applicable to the case study. You need to briefly outline / describe your chosen theory (or theories). You then need to justify the relevance of your chosen theory (or theories) to the case study in terms of applicability and relevance. And finally, you need to describe how your practice theory selected or theories can be applied to the particular case. Focusing on particular strategies and techniques relevant to the theory that you would use in this case, and how you would apply them in practice?
View More Details,