- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
LAW2036 The Role of Theory in Criminology and Public Policies
Do you want the Finest Assignment Help in the UK, USA and Australia? Case Study Help Online provides 100% unique assignment service with the help of highly knowledgeable and professional writers. We have Law Assignment Writers who are capable enough to do your assignment on time. Contact us now and get the best Law Essay Help Online at a very reasonable price.
- Course Code: LAW2036
- Course Title: Criminology and Public Policies
- Referencing Styles: AGLC
- Words: 1750
- University: RMIT University
- Country: AU
This assessment allows you to explore the criminological theories covered in the first part of the course and demonstrate your understanding of them in relation to recently published Judges’ sentencing remarks.
The following course objective is being assessed:
1. Discuss the various criminological theories that are currently influencing sociological, psychological and socio-legal thinking.
2. Understanding of crime theories
3. Demonstrates an understanding of individualistic, sociological and critical crime theories;
4. Analyses the strengths and limitations of crime theories in explaining crime;
5. Demonstrates an understanding of the differences between individualistic, sociological and critical crime theories.
6. Application of crime theories (40%)
Chooses relevant theories to apply to the facts of the case and the defendant’s circumstances;
Successfully applies chosen theories to the facts of the case by assessing their effectiveness in explaining the defendant’s actions;
Forms an argument as to which theories best explain the defendant’s actions.