- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
MK6008 Social Media Marketing and Analytics Case Study Assignment
Searching for MK6008 Social Media Marketing Strategy and Analytics? Get the Top-Quality MK6008 Social Media Marketing Strategy Assignment and Analytics Case Study Answer from MBA/Masters/PhD Experts in Australia, UK, USA and Others. Get your work done within 24 hours from the time of reception.
- Referencing Styles: Harvard
- Words: 6750
- Course Code: MK6008
- Course Title: social media marketing and analytics
- University: University of East London
- Country: GB
This module aims to introduce students to social media marketing, a relatively nascent yet vibrant field of contemporary marketing research and practice.
Learning Outcomes for the module
At the end of this module, students will be able to: Knowledge
- Evaluate how marketing theory can be incorporated and applied within a social media context.
- Appreciate the importance of interdisciplinary research perspectives in understanding digital consumption.
- Understand how evolving perspectives on consumer communities and value co-creation apply to contemporary social media marketing practice.
- Appreciate how marketers foster and develop social media consumer engagement and the strategies used to maintain it.
- Evaluate privacy concerns regarding social media and the importance of digital consumer rights.
- Understand social media metrics and their importance to marketing strategy development and evolution. Subject-based practical skills
- Develop social media marketing strategies to enhance consumer engagement and build brand equity.
- Measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns and understand how to adjust them, and take corrective action if required.
Skills for life and work (general skills)
- Understand the importance of social media to ongoing marketer-consumer relationships and how to harness its power to create meaningful brand conversations.
- Effectively work in teams to develop social media and consumer engagement strategies.
Keeping up with the module requires continuous and ongoing engagement and commitment. The module assessment is tied in with the seminars, and students must commit to participate and contribute to the proposed sessions. Some ground rules:
- Compulsory attendance: You must attend classes (via MS Teams and on-campus) as per your timetable;
- Module engagement: You are expected to attend regularly and keep up with the work that is expected of you every week through the course of this module.
- Moodle: All the relevant information (lecture slides, seminar schedules, assessment briefs, announcements, notices) will be published on the Moodle site for MK6008. Important information regarding timetable changes or class cancellations etc., will also be uploaded to Moodle in the first instance – so please check the site regularly.
- Punctuality: Students are expected to arrive on time to all taught sessions. If students arrive late, they are not to disrupt the class. Group and student numbers of each student in the group – by week 3 (19th of February) For this presentation, students are required to complete the following task:
Choose an existing brand/organisation and analyse their existing social media strategy. As a group, you must evaluate and explain the following:
- The overall analysis of the organisation and the customers. Analysis of the main competitors.
Who should demonstrate a clear understanding of the organisation and its position in the industry? This part of the analysis must also clearly provide insights into the customer segment.
- Review and explore the social media activities of the chosen organisation and explain:
- What segments have been targeted with these activities and why?
- What does an organisation expect to accomplish through these activities? Here
You should clearly articulate/explain the objectives which the organisation has set up. How these objectives have have been achieved (via what channels and what tactic)? It would help if you justified your answer with the evidence/examples.
- Explain the overall strategy of the organisation’s social media marketing and evaluate how this strategy incorporated into the organisation’s overall marketing strategy.
- Explain how what can measure the effectiveness and performance of the identified social media marketing activities.
- How would you recommend improving the existing social media marking strategy for this organisation? And why?
Note: In this section, students must demonstrate knowledge/evaluation ideas of:
- Marketing theory and how it can be incorporated and applied within a social media context;
- The importance of interdisciplinary research perspectives in understanding digital consumption;
- Perspectives on consumer communities and value co-creation apply to contemporary social media marketing practice.
- Summarise Mark Ritson’s video. What are the main ideas, issues and concerns raised by Mark? Include a discussion of 2-3 articles that you have found that support Mark’s claims and ideas.
- Finally, based on the thoughts, ideas and evaluations you have developed in sections.
A and B explain and discuss how organisations should use Social Media Marketing in their overall Integrated Marketing Communication plan (IMC). You have to demonstrate your own informed opinion and understanding of Social Media Marketing and its usefulness/value.
- How marketers foster and develop social media consumer engagement and the strategies that are used to maintain it;
- Privacy concerns regarding social media and the importance of digital consumer rights;
- Understanding the importance of social media to ongoing marketer-consumer relationships and how to harness its power to create meaningful brand conversations.