- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
How to Write a Review the Case Study Organization Information from Assessment Task 1? – Contents of Induction Programme. Get Related Topics like; Case Study Writing, MBA Assignment, Assignment Answers Online and etc. by Australian subject matter experts.
Topic / Subject: Assignment
Reference Style: Refreshing Style
Pages/Words: 1 Page/250 Words
Review the case study organization information from assessment task 1 and identify the content to be included in a general induction program for new employees. Develop an induction program for new employees of the case study organization using the format Organize for your assessor to act as a staff member and induct them using your induction program resource. On completion of the induction ask the induct to sigh off the induction checklist.
All Things Homely Simulation
Task 1: Plan Promotional Activities
- Determine promotional objectives
The promotional objectives are:
- In-store entry of 200 shoppers on the first day of shop launch
- A total of 500 shoppers by the end of the five-day shop launch.
To develop desire to purchase indicated by:
- Sales of $3,124 on the launch day
- Sales of $24,564 close of the five-day launch.
In store promotional activities achieve a rating of:
Minimum 5 for each question in the survey, and with an overall score of 5.5 for the total of five days using 5-star ranking model.
- The shop needs to attract an average weekly sales target of 438461 to achieve overall yearly sales target.
- This is $5494 on average per day for a seven-day week.
- However, as it is the first week, where awareness and conversion to buy usually takes time, I don’t believe we can achieve that daily figure. Even with well-crafted promotional activities for the launch,
- The success of the store will rely on creating a retail experience and any promotional effort must fit with this business model. It is essential that any promotional activity creates a positive impression with customers which will set the platform for this retail experience; therefore, survey is very critical instrument to gauge our customer service skills in the eye of each visitor.
These three promotional objectives support the overall business objectives as follows:
- Failing to achieve 4.5 out of 5 as an overall customer service experience will highlight the areas of improvement which will be a positive learning curve for the organizations and eventually assists with fine-tuning the gaps and reaching the desired level.
- Increasing awareness will trigger increased customer acquisition which in return will boost sales- hence the achievement of annual sales target.
1.2 identify and assess promotional activities
1.3 Identify the legislative context for the promotional activities
- Designs Act 2003/ regulations 2004
According to this “we love toys” shall not use a design applied on a packaging of competitor’s product. Protect of visual appearance.
- competition and consumer Act 2010 and regulations 2010
“we love toys” shall comply with Australian consumer law to enhance the welfare of people through the promotion of competition and fair trading and provision for consumer protection.
- Copyright Act 1968 /regulations 1969
According to this team member should not use or reproduce an art work in a marketing campaign without having licensing agreement with creator of IP.
- Trademarks, patents, intellectual property
It is important to legally protect your idea, product, design or business identity. Find out more about intellectual property such as trademarks or patents via IP Australia.
- Codes of practice
There may be one or more codes of practice, codes of conduct or codes of ethics that business must comply with.
Codes of Practice are voluntary guidelines (though sometimes they may support existing legislation) usually developed by an industry or organization specifying
how they agree to behave as a group.
1.4 Develop action plan for promotional activities
|Implement advertisement for sales promotion||Search for graphic designer to list them to create advertising poster and loyalty cards for sales promotion.||$300||May 6|
|discussing the plans, buy one get one free offer, while buying family coffee one-hour free entry for kids.||May 8|
|Contact local printer for poster and loyalty card printing rates||May 9|
|Implement Advertisement for community newspaper||Business owner to write content||May 5|
|Contact local newspaper for advertising- ask for advertising prices.||$ 16 per day||May 4|
|Search for graphic designer to list them to create content.||$500|
|Arrange with advertiser when you would like to ad published- publish advert.||$2000For full advert per monthly publication||May 6|
|Implementing Public Relation||Organizing the interview business owner with journalist from the community newspaper.||Jun 5|
|Attend the meeting with the journalist||Jun 8|
|Review the journalist draft written interview for publication and give approval||Jun 9|
|Published interview in community newspaper.||$1500|
|Implementing the direct marketing||Contacting the printer for printing the flyers||May 18|
|Arrange for company to drop off the letterbox||$2000||May 3|
|Implementing personal selling||Selecting the staff who are capable on interacting with customer||Apr 5|
|Staff briefing on personal selling||Apr 10|
|Arrangement of date and time of personal selling||Apr 12|
1.5 Consult with stakeholders
After my research and action plans I consulted with the stakeholder and asked her to review and provide a necessary feedback. She provided me a feedback as below
- Researching more on market for proper action plans
- Hiring marketing experts
- Focusing on realistic PR activities
After her review I made final action plans.
Those above activities are then scheduled according to the time date with forecast prices.