- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Your task is to discover the current academic thinking and research in the area of production systems, which is a vital part of end-to-end supply chains.
You must be able to clearly demonstrate that you understand the current research developments in this field. Your report may cover such issues as:
• The interface between the market and production (through sales and operation planning, “pull” systems, time-based competition)
• The trends in making production systems market led
• The trends within Lean Thinking and Theory of Constraints (TOC) philosophies being used to ensure that manufacturing organisations remain competitive in the global market
• The overlap of TOC and Lean with Agile
• The integration of TOC, Lean and Six Sigma
This list is not exhaustive; you do not have to use all of them, they are included for guidance; so if you find other areas that are being focused on please include them.
To do this research assignment you must do a review of the literature published since 2007. Your literature search must be mainly focused on academic journal papers, although a few books or articles from internet websites may also be cited (particularly if focused at professional practitioners describing case studies of implementation in industry). Journals such as: Journal of Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Operations Management and the International Journal of Production Economics, could be a good source of research articles.
You must present your findings in the form of a fully referenced journal article. You must use the template in APPENDIX 1.
The report must be structured as follows:
Introduction Key Findings Discussion Conclusion References (Please use either APA Format for citing bibliographic
Use a clearly legible font and font size (12 point is the most common size).
Give the assignment a left margin of around 3 centimetres so that markers can insert comments.
Use 1.5 line-spacing.
1. Describe how to enhance product flow through a supply chain containing production elements, using Theory of Constraints and Lean Methodologies and demonstrate an understanding of the compatibilities and contradictions.
Mark The following areas will be graded:
Variety of literature sources searched & referenced
• Quality of Journal papers used
• Evidence that a thorough search has been done (expect to cite a minimum
of 12 sources)
• Literature post 2007
Clarity of topic
• Clear definition of topic and its scope
• Clear definition of outcomes – i.e. what you are seeking to find out
• Relevance to supply chain analysis
Integration of information & critical analysis Abstract
• Summarises whole report.
• Is the topic provided with background information and wider context?
• Are individual sources summarised?
• Are sources grouped logically and integrated?
• Are key findings logically presented?
• Are issues raised current and relevant?
• Includes own opinions and thoughts.
• Does report have insight & originality?
• Is constructive, critical & own work?
• Comments on quality of sources and gaps in information base
• Targets/draws out the key issues covered in report.
• Report written in own words
• Correct citation of references
• Grammar, spelling, legibility
• Well structured – e.g. Abstract, Introduction, Key findings,
Discussion, and Conclusion
• 10 page limit (including tables/diagrams)
Please CHAT WITH LIVE Assignment Advisor to get this assignment help right away
Chat with our 24 x 7 Online Agents CLICK CHAT NOW
Ask Your MBA Assignment Question?
Check out our Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
Find Your Assignment Experts