- Case StudyHelp.com
- Sample Questions
Looking for SWK 511 Contemporary Social Work Issues and Practice Assignment Question to Answers?
Get Case Study Answers on Contemporary Social Work Issues and Practice, Human Resource Assignment Solution & Case Study Report In Social Work from PhD/MBA Experts at cost-effective rates? Acquire HD Quality research work with 100% Plagiarism free content.
Topic: Comptemporary social work issues and practice
Document Type: Assignment help (any type)
Deadline :*: As Per Required
Number of Words: 1250
Citation/Referencing Style: APA
TUTOR-MARKED ASSIGNMENT (TMA01)
- This assignment is worth 50% of the overall course assessment.
- The cut-off date for this assignment are as per required. Late submissions will be penalised.
- Ensure that the cover page shows the title of your course, the topic, the date, your name and your PI number.
- Name your document strictly to this format: FullName_TMA01
- The submitted assignment is limited to a word length not exceeding 3 pages. It should be typewritten, double-spaced, with a size 11-font face and a 2.54 cm (one-inch) margin all round. All pages should be numbered. Charts and diagrams can be included in appendix and referenced as necessary.
- Plagiarism and/or collusion are a form of cheating and are not acceptable in any form in assignments and examinations. Please ensure your sources are correctly cited and references in APA style.
Select a contemporary issue and population from the list below:
- Mental Illness
- Family Violence
- Sexual Minorities
(a). Analyse how power and social construction could lead to different allocation of benefits and burdens for the group you have selected (deserving or non-deserving). Use diagrams where necessary. (10 marks)
(b). Identify one current legislation/policy for this population that you have selected.
- Describe how legislation/policy shapes societal, cultural norms and stereotypes or vice versa.
- (Discuss the limitations of legislation/policy in serving this population. (20 marks)
(Total: 30 marks)
(a). Using the social issue that you have identified above, design an advocacy map/plan. Your advocacy plan should cover the following:
- Assess the issue that you are concerned about, using one (1) micro case example (max 100 words per case) to illustrate the impact of the population that you have selected (5 marks)
- Discuss the goals of your advocacy, and propose your advocacy strategy including the tactics, stakeholders and resource (20 marks)
- Analyse the driving and restraining forces using Force Field (15 marks)
(Total: 40 marks)
(a). Based on the contemporary social issue / population, write a personal log intended to think about the application of what is being discussed to your sense of professional identity and practice. Where relevant, you should use personal examples to better illustrate your points.
- Suggest stereotypes and views associated with this population. How do you think this population experience the stereotypes and views? (5 marks)
- Discuss the extent that you agree with the stereotypes and views. How did your interactions with your family/cultural/societal norms shape these views? (5 marks)
- Whether your views in (ii) have shifted since you started your social work journey. Provide examples of significant events/encounters that caused this (5 marks)
- Appraise how your views may present difficulties in working with clients experiencing such issues (as perpetrator, victims, dependents, oppressed, exclusion from membership in groups) (10 marks)
- Discuss the steps you might take to better meet your ethical responsibilities in working with these clients, despite the (5 marks)
(Total: 30 marks)
—–END OF ASSIGNMENT—–
SUSS Topic: Comptemporary social work issues and practice
SUSS Session 1 – 29 Sept 2019
SUSS Session 1 – Powerpoint – Edited in Class based on discussion
SUSS Session 2 (For Student Downloading)-1
SUSS Session 3 (For Student Uploading)