First Page – Last Two Paragraphs –
1. Explain what is meant by discrimination – direct discrimination- Because of the protected characteristics
2. Equality Act 2010 – Sex and Age discrimination
3. Explain Protected Characteristics
4. The burden of proof – what defence do they have? (None)
a. 3rd party pressures?
b. Customer needs?
Cannot be justified
6. Case Law – 3rd party and pressure to dismiss
Second Page –
First paragraph (Third sentence down)
1. Race discrimination
2. Indirect – they are rejecting him because he cannot wri... More
MA in Human Resource Management
Module Title: Professional Employment Law
Module Code: LEGS9002
Maximum Word Count 2500 words (excl. references & bibliography style :: Harvard).
Students are asked to consider the following:-
Claire has been working for a specialist financial recruitment agency called Hirem for four years. She has become very experienced and has direct contact with a wide range of clients. The agency has a high labour turnover and Claire is in fact their longest-serving recruitment consultant.
Rob, another r... More
Note the following when answering the assignment question 1. Use the IRAC method to answer this question.
A good answer will (a) Identify the issue/s in the question by discussing them in order of importance. (b) Be structured in a clear and logical manner that it is easy to read and understand. (c) Cite relevant authority to support your arguments. (d) Present good arguments that demonstrate clear understanding of the legal principlesraised in the questions.
QUESTION (20 MARKS)
Steve Meyer is owner and producer of olive groves on Haw... More