An Overview of Descriptive Essay
A descriptive essay is a composition that describes a person, process, object, or even an event. The writer aims to make a vivid essay for the readers’ pleasure.
A descriptive essay appeals to the 5 senses, hearing, taste, smell, touch and sight. When you appeal to all 5 senses, your writing becomes more appealing to your audiences.
Your goal in writing a descriptive essay is to be a clear picture for the reader. It would help if you also had a purpose while writing such essays.
What is a Descriptive Essay?
Descriptive Essay Writing is a very special genre of essay that asks you to drive specific details like an object, place, person, experience, emotion, situation, etc. Here you can also write about your experiences to make them more realistic.
How to Choose a Topic for a Descriptive Essay?
It would help if you always chose a descriptive essay topic based on the following:
- A person: Here, you can talk about any person; this can range from writing simply about their appearance to more complicated descriptions like behaviour, action, mood, qualities, etc.
- An event: Here, you need to describe the story that took place. This can be a concert, vacation, anniversary, wedding, graduation, festival, etc.
- Any place: While describing your place anywhere, you must describe it unrestingly. It would help if you also were specific regarding the name of the city ex: Rome, New York, etc.
- An animal: Here, you must describe any animal by its behaviour, appearance, and biology.
- Behaviour: In this type of Descriptive Essay Topic writing, you need to write about someone’s behaviour and get the details about it. Ex: You want to describe any strange behaviour of someone you know.
- The occupation: In this topic, you must write about any particular occupation or job.
How to Write a Descriptive Essay?
- Choosing a specific topic: Very strong descriptive essays always maintain a good focus. First, settle on the purpose of your essay before outlining your writing. It can be appropriate for summarizing the main idea as a thesis statement. In these types of essays, you must write a good thesis statement pointing toward the needed information to make a lasting impression on your readers.
- Compile the information: A descriptive essay always needs to be full of every detail like date, names, background information, physical characteristics, sensory information and many more. These can be implanted in your reader’s mind. You need to collect all these details and classify them into various categories.
- Making an outline: The descriptive essay always needs to be very organized. Thus, you must always group the main points into separate paragraphs or bodies. Each of these paragraphs should be interconnected with each other.
- Writing the introduction: A good introduction can be the leading way to your essay. A good introductory paragraph starts with a hook, like any theoretical question or statement. Then, you need to provide a global context to outline the questions that your descriptive essay seeks. The thesis statement needs to be at the end of your introduction.
- Writing the body paragraphs: Each para body must begin with a topic sentence to hold the reader’s attention. Write the details in each paragraph body very specifically to draw your readers’ attention and make it interesting.
- Writing the concluding paragraph: You need to summarize your essay in your concluding part. Your conclusion is the button of your entire essay. It would help if you used it to rediverting the main ideas you have already established in your initial paragraphs. Then, you must reflect on the critical details from the paragraph bodies. Do not use any new ideas in the concluding paragraphs.
- Enliven your language: Before considering the essay complete, you need to review it once and look for the places where the vivid details enhance the description. Here you need to look for opportunities to tell a story. Descriptive language and literary tools can keep the essay in mind of your details for a long time.
Also, Check Out: Top 50 Analytical Essay Topics and Ideas
Few Good Descriptive Essay Ideas
- Citation Styles: While writing your APA, MLA, Chicago, and HARVARD format, you can focus on the widespread fears like height phobias, snakes, etc.
- The scenic views give students the flexibility to use their creativity fully. Ensure that you choose the right words while describing your favourite views to give readers a unique opportunity to imagine them.
- The embarrassing moments: While looking for an unusual descriptive essay topic, use your own humour to make your writing good.
Top 120+ Descriptive Essay Topics for Students in 2023
- Higher education vs skill acquisition
- Future of online education
- Entrance exams vs Qualifying exams
- Proa and cons and modern education policy
- Labour Law Reforms
- Solution post covid 19 pandemics
- Net Zero Carbon Emission
- Pros and cons of Hyper-globalism
- Environment vs. Economy on plastic ban
- Money Laundering vs Illegal Wildlife Trade
- Impact of Earth’s Geo-Magnetic field shifting
- Ban on animal testing- justify
- Can seed bombs be a solution to man-animal conflict
- Organic farming
- Water pollution
- Pros of recycling truly bio-degradable objects
- Impact of the Russia-Ukraine War on Geopolitics
- Future of new “QUAD.”
- China foreign policy
- mediation in global politics
- Preventing the usage of terrorism and violence as a political tool
- Global laws on migration and refuge
- How to prevent cross-border infiltration
- How to strengthen national integration
- Effects of global warming and climate change
- One Belt One Road (OBOR) Poli
- . E-Diplomacy
- UN at 77
- NASA’s Artemis Program
- Withdrawal of the US from Afghanistan
- Global dealing with the LGBT rights
- International laws on women empowerment
- Promoting global tourism
- Life lessons taught to us by coronavirus
- Remedies to depression
- Pros and cons of working from home
- Family lives during covid lockdowns
- How can humanity serve people in need?
- Pros and cons of a vegetarian diet
- Happiness lies within us and justify
- Knowledge gives us power, but character gives us respect and justify
- After the effects of the war
- Pros and cons of artificial intelligence (AI)
- the World is in a Surplus of Multilateral Challenges with a Deficit of Solutions.
- Worst forms of inequality
- Famous characters from movies, books and cartoons
- Any person you would like to resemble
- Worst places in the world
- Your favourite holiday destination and why
- Your dream house
- Top cuisine as per your opinion
- You are the perfect dream partner
- The first day in your high school
- Your favourite season
- Best and worst moments of your life
- The most convenient spot for you to do your homework
- Why do you want to learn a foreign language?
- Your favourite art piece
- Your most memorable festival
Descriptive Essay Topics for College Students
- Why is your best friend very special to you
- How your geani4s influence your life
- What are the traits of a successful business leader
- What is the most admirable quality in you
- Who is your favourite celebrity, and why
- What are the traits of a great athlete
- What makes a good parent
- How does a sense of humour impact the life of a person
- What qualities make a great political leader, and why?
- What are the personality traits of a great artist?
- How a person’s culture shapes his personality
- What are the ideals of any doctor or nurse
- What are the main character traits of any successful entrepreneur
- Describe the natural beauty of the grand canyon
- What is your success drive
- Describe the architectural beauty of Paris
- Why are the Hawaii beaches so picturesque?
- Explain the rich Roman history
- Why does Las Vegas attract tourists so much with extravagant lights and shows?
- What makes New York City so much iconic
- Why the peacefulness of the countryside gives relief from the hustle of city life
- Describe the beauty of the sandy Bahamas shores
- cobblestone streets of Old Quebec City – a tourist attraction
- What makes Tokyo so iconic
- Describe the natural beauty of the Swiss Alps
- What are the main tourist attractions in London
- Why does staying in a wooden house in a forest area give peace?
- Describe the bay of the Australian Outback
- Describe the rugged wilderness of Alaska and why it is so crucial to the visitors
- Significance of Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City
- Describe the pomp and grandeur of carnivals in Brazil
Other Descriptive Essay Topics
- Explain the experience and atmosphere of music festivals like Coachella
- Why Olympics opening ceremony is a matter of interest to people around the world
- Why is the Day of the Dead celebrated in Mexico
- What is the experience of attending the Renaissance Fair
- Explain the cultural significance of the “annual Cherry Blossom Festival” in Japan
- Describe the atmosphere and experience of the Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans
- History of the annual “Burning Man Festival” in Nevada
- Why do people attend the Comic-Con convention so much
- Explain the significance of the Oktoberfest celebration in Munich, Germany
- Why do people attend the pride parade
- What is the history, culture and significance of the holistic festivals in India?
- Impact of rock music on American culture
- Why the pearl harbour bombing change the course of world war II
- Impact of diamond cut on its value and brilliance
- Luxury watch vs ordinary watch
- Why is silk fabric so unique
- How a good quality leather bag is made
- How to test wood quality for top furniture
- Describe the top elements of a classic car
- How the weight and shape of a tennis racquet can affect the player’s performance
- Describe the lens settings of the high-resolution cameras
- How a good beer is brewed
- How to cut a gemstone effectively
- What are the technical advances in making a smartphone
- How to develop the best business strategy
- The top business forecasting models
- Explain the significance of the SWOT and PESTEL analysis
- What is the significance of brand loyalty
- What is perfect parenting
- How to stop child abuses
- How to prevent domestic violence
A descriptive essay writer can write a descriptive essay on the updated topics above.
If you need more topics for descriptive essays, contact casestudyhelp.com. We will help you with your paper writing!
Descriptive Essay Structure
A descriptive consists of the following structure:
- Introduction: Here, you need to introduce the given topic and provide a precise view of it
- Thesis statement: Here, you will outline the topic description.
- The main body: Tit needs to be made with 3 separate paragraphs. The first paragraph focuses on the detailed description. The second one covers the surrounding environment of the topic. The 3rd Para focus on the emotive description and how the topic affects.
- Conclusion: This part draws all the points together without writing anything new.
A perfect Descriptive Essay Format should also be used here, along with a suitable format.
The Bottom Line
Writing a descriptive essay takes work; you always need the best online Descriptive Essay Help from a good provider. The casestudyhelp.com is the number one choice for you in this regard.
- We are the leading online Descriptive Essay Assignment Help Service provider.
- We will always provide you with the best online Descriptive Essay ExamplesOur team will always provide you with the most useful Descriptive Essay Tips.
- 24×7 hours of online Descriptive Essay Writing Services are available via our official website
- The service charges are quite reasonable.
- Customized services are provided
- The content is totally free of any plagiarism or grammatical mistakes.
- Cline’s worldwide are very happy and satisfied with our services.
Thus, join us very soon by registering online on our official website.
Hi, I am Louis Hill, the author of this blog. I am a well-experienced academic writer. We’ll help make your writing shine.